This easy baked pork chop recipe will become your go-to way to serve pork chops! Add it to your easy dinner recipes collection and you won’t be sorry that you did. This is the only way my husband wants me to serve Pork Chops, now!
You will start by combining your seasonings of garlic, mushrooms, salt, pepper, oregano, and thyme with a little bit of butter in a large skillet. When the butter is melted, toss in your pork chops and seer each side of your chops for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown. That’s all the prep you will need!
Now, bake your pork chops for 35 minutes or until they are cooked through. If your skillet is oven save, just stick the whole skillet pan right into the oven. Otherwise, transfer all your ingredients into an oven safe pan. We love this oven-safe skillet as it can be used up to 550°F and is even freezer safe!
Find it here: Cuisinart Chef’s Classic Stainless Open Skillet
When they are done, be sure to check your meat with a meat thermometer. Remove the skillet from the oven and go ahead and set your pork chops on their plates to give them time to rest while you finish making your sauce.
Whisk in flour and milk in with your seasoning/butter mix stirring until all lumps are removed. Simmer the mixture for 3-4 minutes. Serve your butter garlic sauce over the tops of your pork chops and enjoy!
Garlic Butter & Mushrooms – Baked Pork Chop Recipe
- 3-4 Thick Cut Pork Chops
- ½ Stick Butter
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- ¼ Cup Flour, All Purpose
- ¼ Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Mushrooms, Cleaned and Sliced
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 1 tbsp Thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat combine butter, garlic, mushrooms, salt, pepper, oregano and thyme.
- Once butter has melted, add your pork chops and seer on each side for 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- Once both sides of the pork chops are a golden brown place in oven and bake for 35 minutes or until centers are no longer pink. *Time may need to be adjusted depending on the thickness of your pork chops.
- Remove skillet from oven and remove your pork chops and sit them aside to rest.
- Whisk flour and milk into your pan with the remaining liquids after removing the pork chops. Whisk until all lumps are removed. Simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve over the top of pork chops.