This easy baked pork chops recipe will become your go-to way to serve pork chops! Add it to your easy dinner recipes collection and you won’t be sorry that you did. This is the only way my husband wants me to serve Pork Chops, now!
Affiliate links are used in this post.
Do you ever get tired of the same ol’ dinners week after week. Chicken dinners tend to be our go-to, but mixing up our routine with pork chops makes our whole week feel fresh again!
We like to serve pork chops with a fruity side, like this 3-ingredient peach cobbler.
Easy Baked Pork Chops
How to Make Pork Chops:
You will start by combining your seasonings of garlic, mushrooms, salt, pepper, oregano, and thyme with a little bit of butter in a large skillet.
When the butter is melted, toss in your pork chops and seer each side of your chops for 1-2 minutes or until golden brown.
That’s all the prep you will need!
Now, bake your pork chops for 35 minutes or until they are cooked through. If your skillet is oven save, just stick the whole skillet pan right into the oven. Otherwise, transfer all your ingredients into an oven safe pan.
We love this oven-safe skillet as it can be used up to 550°F and is even freezer safe!
Whisk in flour and milk in with your seasoning/butter mix stirring until all lumps are removed. Simmer the mixture for 3-4 minutes. Serve your butter garlic sauce over the tops of your pork chops and enjoy!
FAQ’s about Baked Pork Chops:
Q: Can I bake pork chops?
A: Absolutely! Baking is a great choice for cooking pork chops. You could alternatively cook your pork chops on the grill, in a crock pot, or even on the stove top.
Q: How long should pork chops bake at 350?
A: Bake pork chops for 35 minutes at 350 F, and test internal temperature which should reach 145 F.
Q: Can I make this pork chop recipe without the mushrooms or garlic butter cream sauce?
A: Yes, you can skip the mushrooms or the cream sauce (or both). As an alternative, try serving pork chops with pears, applesauce, or a side salad.
Don’t be afraid to experiment and share your experiences in the comments to help others that may have the same question.
If you love this Pork Chops recipe, browse all our easy dinner recipes!
- A go-to favorite on our meal time routine is Sour Cream Enchiladas. A cinch to make and the meal no one complains about.
- Texas Ham Cheese Sliders are the perfect last minute dinner idea. So easy and a really fun meal idea for families with kids.
- Our Hurry Curry dinner will give a fresh flavor from the recurring basics. It’s quick to make and loaded with flavor.
- You’ll love this flavorful recipe from Simple Sweet Recipes for Louisiana-inspired Red Beans and Rice dinner.
Are you often stumped on what to make for dinner? Grab this printable with 60 dinner ideas. It’s a lifesaver to put into your home management binder and help you when planning your weekly meals.
Connect with A Mom’s Take on your
favorite social channel for more recipes!
You can find us on:
Garlic Butter & Mushrooms
Baked Pork Chops Recipe
- 3-4 Thick Cut Pork Chops
- ½ Stick Butter
- 2 Garlic Cloves, Minced
- ¼ Cup Flour, All Purpose
- ¼ Cup Milk
- 1 Cup Mushrooms, Cleaned and Sliced
- 1 tbsp Oregano
- 1 tbsp Thyme
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium high heat combine butter, garlic, mushrooms, salt, pepper, oregano and thyme.
- Once butter has melted, add your pork chops and seer on each side for 1-2 minutes until golden brown.
- Once both sides of the pork chops are a golden brown place in oven and bake for 35 minutes or until centers are no longer pink. *Time may need to be adjusted depending on the thickness of your pork chops.
- Remove skillet from oven and remove your pork chops and sit them aside to rest.
- Whisk flour and milk into your pan with the remaining liquids after removing the pork chops. Whisk until all lumps are removed. Simmer for 3-4 minutes.
- Serve over the top of pork chops.
Serving Size:1 pork chop
Amount Per Serving: Calories: 482Total Fat: 29gSaturated Fat: 13gTrans Fat: 1gUnsaturated Fat: 12gCholesterol: 163mgSodium: 261mgCarbohydrates: 10gFiber: 2gSugar: 1gProtein: 43g