The benefits to adding more protein in your diet are endless: larger muscle mass, fat loss, stronger bones, etc. As a new mom, I know that protein is an important part of my diet to give me the strength I need throughout my day. Not to mention, my husband is always looking for high protein snacks at the end of his daily work out.
Want to know our favorite way of consuming protein? This smoothie is a perfect dairy-free option for those wanting to add a little protein in their diet; best of all, no protein powder required. Measuring in at a little over 14 g of protein, this delicious Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie gives you about 1/3 of your daily protein intake.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Smoothie
- 1 banana (1.3 g protein)
- 1 T cocoa powder (1 g protein)
- 1/2 c Silk Soy Milk (4 g protein)
- 2 T peanut butter (8 g protein)
- 1 c crushed ice
1. Place ingredients in a blender starting with the heaviest ingredients (ice, sliced banana, peanut butter, cocoa powder).
2. Pour Silk on top of other ingredients.
3. Mix in the blender for 30 seconds on medium or until ingredients are well blended.
4. Sit back, relax, and enjoy this tasty smoothie!
Being a mother to the pickiest eater in the world, protein smoothies are a huge life saver! Best of all, using Silk Soy Milk in our smoothies provide us with an excellent plant based source of protein. Naturally low in saturated fats and containing no cholesterol, the benefits to using Silk are endless.
Not only do we love using Silk in our protein smoothies, but I have it every morning with my breakfast. Breastfeeding a baby with a dairy sensitivity, Silk is a delicious dairy-free option.
Incorporate more protein in your diet with the help of Silk Soy Milk. Be sure to visit Silk for coupons and to find a retailer near you.
What’s your favorite way to consume protein?
This conversation is sponsored by Silk. The opinions and text are all mine.