Can you believe that Halloween is next week and then November is here? I’m kicking myself every day as I realize how fast 2014 has already flown by. To start off the festivities and get everyone in the family excited for Christmas, I’m share a fun “Countdown to Christmas” with a week-by-week inspiration of a simple DIY, recipe, or activity your family can do together as we approach Christmas!
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Riddle. The opinions and text are all mine.
Countdown to Christmas
- Make Each Day Special with an Advent Calendar – There’s nothing quite so exciting as watching the days literally get closer and closer than following along with an advent calendar. You can make your own, like this DIY Advent for Kids, on a budget!
- Bake Christmas Cookies – You have got to try this recipe for the Best Soft Sugar Cookies! With a secret ingredient that makes the cookies unforgettable!!
- Create Homemade Ornaments with the Kids – Get creative and make a lasting keepsake to decorate the tree. This cute Cupcake Ornament is a cinch!
- Decorate for the Holidays – Create cute and simple decorations to get you in the holiday mood. This pretty, and easy, DIY Frosted Candle Holder is the perfect project to start with.
- Decorate Christmas Cupcakes – The holidays are all about the baked goods. Try your hand at this fun and easy kids reindeer Christmas cupcakes.
- Bring Gifts to the Neighbors – Simple, and inexpensive, gifts for your neighbors and friends is a fun way to bring the holiday spirit! One of our favorites is this Wrapping Paper Neighbor Gift idea!
- Send & Display Holiday Greetings – It’s so nice to catch up with family and friends near and far with holiday greeting cards. You can use this Dollar Store Christmas Card Holder idea to make your own easy display on a budget.
- Make Homemade Hot Cocoa – Try this Peppermint Hot Cocoa Mix, it’s easier than you’ll think!
- Take a Moment to Unwind – The holidays can be stressful, so spend some time relaxing and de-stressing to keep the holiday season enjoyable. Add one of these DIY Candy Cane Bath Bombs to your next bath and soak in the warm peppermint scent and relaxing properties.
See this fun list with 44 additional Christmas Traditions and Activities – including printable!
Do you have any special traditions your family does every year as you prepare for Christmas?