Updated on September 24th, 2016
I enjoy finding ways to simplify life. With the Holiday season rapidly approaching, I’ve made it a goal to enjoy the Holidays by making my home a stress-free environment. Want to know how I plan to do this? Learn how to better focus on the importance of Thanksgiving with these 5 tips for a stress-free Thanksgiving.
I received samples and compensation in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.
5 Tips for a Stress-Free Thanksgiving
1. Delegate: The first step when simplifying any situation is to delegate. If someone offers to help, accept their offer. Assign various Thanksgiving side dishes among family members. Delegate a decorating crew, cleanup crew, anything you can! Don’t forget to involve the kids too! Assign age appropriate tasks – making place cards, greeting guests, helping cook, etc.
2. Make Lists: A week or two before Thanksgiving, start making a “to-do” list. Categorize tasks in order of importance and when they need to be completed. Trust me, nothing feels better than checking an item off of your “to-do” list. Also, start making your menu plan early. Try spreading out your Thanksgiving shopping over a few weeks. The more you plan, the less you have to worry.
3. Prepare the day before: In order to enjoy Thanksgiving day, prepare as much as you can the day before. Cook all items that can be refrigerated or left out at room temperature. If possible, set the table, and put up your decorations. As I mentioned earlier, I’m all about keeping things simple. That’s why I love the idea of using table centerpieces that are both fashionable and functional. One of my favorites includes filling candle holders with treats – your guests will love that!
Another fun option is to decorate mason jars and place candles inside. Just remember, whatever you do, prepare ahead of time.
4. Clean as you cook: In order to avoid a massive post-Thanksgiving clean up, clean as you cook. Keep the sink full of sudsy water and wash your dishes as you go. It really helps speed the process to use a quality dish liquid that quickly and effectively removes the grease and grime. That’s why I love Seventh Generation’s Liquid Dish Soap. It’s natural formula is gentle on my hands, smells amazing, and makes my Thanksgiving clean-up a breeze.
5. Prepare for company beforehand: If you have company coming for Thanksgiving, don’t wait until the last minute to prepare your home. A few weeks beforehand, wash all of your bed linens, and make your home company ready. If you want to really impress your guests, using Seventh Generation’s Free & Clear Laundry Detergent will leave their sheets soft, clean, and smelling heavenly. Not to mention, Seventh Generation’s Free & Clear (as well as other product in the Free & Clear category) is the only detergent on the market that does not include artificial or optical dyes. This means that no residue is left behind that could potentially transfer to your skin; making Seventh Generation a trusted brand for your entire family.
Just remember, the more you prepare ahead of time, the more you will be able to enjoy your Thanksgiving. Be sure to visit Seventh Generation for other all-natural household products to help get your home ready for the Holiday season.