One of my favorite comfort foods is a great creamy easy Potato Soup. However, trying to be healthy and enjoy creamy Potato Soup usually don’t go hand in hand.
I’ve tried quite a few Potato Soup Recipes, and this one is by far my favorite. It is delicious with a tiny little kick to it, only 3 ingredients, and I can make it in less than 20 minutes! Even my kids love it and go back for seconds.
Affiliate links are used in this post.
3-Ingredient Easy Potato Soup
This delicious soup only has 3 ingredients! Can you believe it? So easy, inexpensive, and you can keep the ingredients stocked for whenever you need a quick meal.
- 1 28oz package Potatoes O’Brien
- 1 packet Country Gravy Mix
- 4 tsp Chicken Base or 32oz Chicken Broth
Note: I love the Better Than Bouillon stock that you just add water. 4tsp of Better Than Bouillon and 32oz of water mixed.
I think it tastes better than bouillon cubes and pre-made chicken broth from a can or box. It’s right below homemade chicken broth. One jar lasts a REALLY long time.
Not only are there just a few ingredients, it is the easiest recipe ever!
How to Make 3-Ingredient Easy Potato Soup
Step 1: Mix all the ingredients together in a large pot.
Yes, I told you, so easy!!
Step 2: Bring to a boil while occasionally stirring.
Step 3: Once it’s boiling, reduce heat and let it simmer until it begins to thicken. (The soup will continue to thicken as it cools).
That’s it! The easiest, no-fuss, absolutely delicious Potato Soup Recipe ever!
You can garnish the soup with a sprinkle of shredded cheese or some crumbled bacon, but even serving it plain is absolutely delicious.
I love to eat it with a fresh roll, but my kids prefer putting in Oyster Crackers.
You truly can’t go wrong with this Easy Potato Soup Recipe. It even reheats well as leftovers (not that you’ll have any…)
FAQs About Making Easy Potato Soup
Q: Can I substitute other frozen potato products, like hashbrowns?
A: Stick with the Potatoes O’Brien for this recipe. The potatoes are diced into small bite size pieces that work great and the peppers and onions add flavor!
Q: Can this Potato Soup be Frozen?
A: Yes! All of the ingredients are freezer-safe! Just store in an air tight container in the freezer. Then, thaw overnight and warm on the stove top until it is too temperature. Be careful not to overcook.
Q: Can I add in other ingredients?
A: Of course! Feel free to add additional fresh or frozen vegetables or meat. Make sure any meat products are already precooked before adding to the potato soup.
HEAD OVER TO SEE EVEN MORE FAST AND EASY DINNER RECIPES THAT WILL BE AN AMAZING PART OF YOUR RECIPE COLLECTION!
- Try this flavorful Baked Pork Chops recipe that’s certain to wow your taste buds.
- Don’t forget to give this simple Spiral Ham in the Corck Pot recipe a try.
- If you love this fun recipe, you’ll love having Red Beans and Rice as a dinner option!
CONNECT WITH A MOM’S TAKE ON YOUR
FAVORITE SOCIAL CHANNEL FOR MORE RECIPES!
You can find us on:
Potato Soup Recipe
- 28oz package Potatoes O'Brien
- 1 packet Country Gravy Mix
- 4 tsp Chicken Base (plus water) or 32oz Chicken Broth
- Mix all the ingredients together in a large pot.
- Bring to a boil while occasionally stirring.
- Once it's boiling, reduce heat and let it simmer until it begins to thicken. The soup will continue to thicken as it cools.