With my oldest child starting school this year, this is my first experience with after school snacks. In the few short weeks that he’s been going to school, I’ve realized that when I take the time to prepare a delicious, nutritious, and unique after school snacks, it helps set the tone for the entire rest of our afternoon; he more openly talks about his day, and willingly begins his homework. Make every afternoon the best part of the day with these Unique After School Snack Ideas!
I received samples and compensation in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.
10 Unique After School Snack Ideas
1. Pinwheel Sandwiches – Such a fun and delicious blend of lunchmeat, veggies, and cheese.
2. Chef Salad Dip – YUM! The possibilities for dipping are endless.
3. Frozen Yogurt Cereal Pops – Make these with your child’s favorite fruit and yogurt.
4. Pretzels & Hazelnut Spread – My kids love dipping pretzels into hazelnut spread. The perfect blend of sweet and salty. Not to mention, not prep is required!
5. Peanut Butter Dip – Talk about a sweet blend of goodness! If your child likes peanut butter and oreos, you can’t go wrong.
6. Cream Cheese & Lunchmeat – Lay out a piece of lunchmeat, spread some cream cheese on it, roll it up, and enjoy!
7. Granola and Yogurt – My kids ask for yogurt at least 2 times a day. Adding Barbara’s Better Than Granola to your yogurt provides a delicious and hearty snack.
8. Baked Apple Chips – If your child is like mine and gets tired of eating traditional fruits and veggies, these are a great alternative.
9. Fruit Pizza – Top with your child’s favorite fruit!
10. A bowl of cold cereal – At least once a day, my kids request cold cereal for a snack. Trust me, sometimes the simpler the snack, the better. At our house, Barbara’s cereal is a must (Puffins original tastes delightful with almond milk). Packed full of nutrients, and low in sugar, Barbara’s cereal is the perfect after school snack. Not to mention, you’ve got to try Barbara’s Pumpkin Puffins – just in time for fall!
If you love Barbara’s just as much as I do, you’ll be so happy to hear about Barbara’s Wild Rewards program. Barbara’s Wild Rewards allows you to earn points through purchases of participating Barbara’s products. Earn an initial 300 points during online sine up and then additional points through various actions and activities. Some of those actions and activities include participating in various games, watching videos, downloading activity pages, referring a friend, and e-mail opt-in.
Members have the ability to accumulate up to 10,000 points in a calendar year and can use those points for a series of prizes such as money off Barbara’s products, official option certificates (a certificate of a symbolic animal adoption for either a puffin, elephant, or arctic fox) activity books, and plush stuffed toys. Just take a look at how adorable these plush toys are!
Talk about an awesome way to earn points for eating food you love! Not to mention, Barbara’s is giving away 10 $100 Visas to people who sign up for Barbara’s Wild Rewards this week. Head on over to Barbara’s to learn more about the Barbara’s Wild Rewards program.
Friday 7th of October 2016
I like baked apples. Will try it for sure.
Saturday 1st of October 2016
i like the pinwheel sandwiches
Wednesday 28th of September 2016
I am always in need of new after school snack ideas. My daughter gets tired of the same stuff all the time.
Tuesday 27th of September 2016
I'm loving the idea of chef salad dip! I've never heard of that before!
Tuesday 27th of September 2016
These are great ideas. Kids are so hungry after a long day of school.