As a mom, I’m often on-the-go. There are errands and school pick-ups and extra-curricular activities. No matter where I go, I make sure that I’m ready for anything by taking steps to be prepared for whatever comes my way.
I received compensation and sample for this post. All opinions are my own.
Let’s jump right in – I’ve dumped out my bag to show you what’s inside! With these 12 essentials packed and ready, you can tackle almost any situation like a pro!
The 12 Essentials You Need to be Ready for Anything
1. Grab-n-Go Wallet – Having a wallet that you can keep all your essentials let’s you pull out your wallet when you need to sneak away with just the bare essentials in a pinch.
2. Notepad and Pen – You never know when you’ll need to jot something down. Like an idea to try around the home or a solution to a problem you’ve been thinking through or even a great plan for your projects at work.
3. Little Care Kit – Keep a small zippered pouch with health essentials including: tweezers, nail clippers, chapstick, bandaids, moist towelettes, and pain reliever. There’s nothing worse than feeling terrible while out and about, even if it’s a simple splinter or split finger nail – the pain that can be a simple fix is a game changer if you’re not prepared to tackle it.
4. Hand Sanitizer – Packing along a small hand sanitizer will let the kids play in a pinch, and still let you help them tackle the germs and be ready for those snacks you’ll want to carry with you.
5. Beauty Essentials – Mascara and Lipstick can take you from everyday to ready to impress when in a pinch. Toss in a couple of bobby pins and hair ties in case you need to pull your hair back, and you’ll really be ready for anything!
6. Boredom Busters – Include something to keep boredom at bay. For mom, that can be earbuds to turn your phone into an mp3 player or a pocket sized adult coloring book. For the kids, include a small book or toy. Our favorite addition is this fun set of dry erase activity cards.
7. Kids Essentials – If you have children, make sure you include things to take care of your little ones, too. Whether that means diapers, wipes, a binky, and burp cloth or a small toy.
8. Water – Nothing is worse than getting stuck somewhere longer than expected and not having water with you. Always carry a water bottle with you to keep you well hydrated.
9. Snacks – Keep a couple of snacks within easy reach like a nutrition bar or those small packs of peanuts to refuel your (or your children’s) energy while you’re out and about. My latest favorite to include in my bag is Russell Stover’s delicious everyday chocolates. Nothing gives me more of a positive mood boost than a bite of chocolate during a stressful day.
10. Power Cord & Headphones – Keep a power cord handy to keep your phone or other devices recharged on the go. I also keep a pair of earbuds in my bag so I can watch a movie or play a game without being disruptive while waiting through appointments.
11. Glasses / Sunglasses – My prescription glasses are absolutely essential for heading out the door, but my sunglasses make a big difference too.
12. Once your bag is loaded and ready, you’ll be able to just slip in your cell phone and keys as you head out the door ready to take on the world!
When I finally make it back in the door after all the running around, I’m not ashamed to reward myself from the hectic day as a mom with a bite of chocolate! Russell Stover chocolates are so yummy, and the bite sizes options are just right for giving you just a taste, without feeling guilty.
Look for Russell Stover’s delicious everyday chocolates line that includes:
- Bites – Pomegranate, Blueberry, and Orange
- Sugar Free Bites – Cranberry, Orange, and Blueberry
- Bark – Pistachio, Crunchy Caramel, and Orange & Almond
- Minis – Caramel, Coconut, and Pecan Delight
- Milk Chocolate Pretzels – Double dipped and salted! These were so good they were gone before I could snap pictures!
These mini indulgences let’s you sneak a bite of chocolate every day. I have a major sweet tooth, so the ability to portion control to just one taste is perfect for me to let me have a reward of something amazing and still be able to stop before getting carried away.
Russell Stover also has yummy everyday chocolate treats in their individually wrapped packs in four varieties – pecan delight, coconut, mint patty, and caramel. The pecan delight is so incredibly good, though I loved all 4 that one was by far my favorite!
Stash a few in your on-the-go bag and you’ll be able to de-stress in a moments notice!