This flavorful macaroni salad is the best we’ve ever tried! So easy to make and perfect for picnics and barbecues. You’ll quickly agree, this is the best macaroni salad recipe around after just one bite.
Best Macaroni Salad
Maybe the best part about this recipe is it is so quick to make.
You’ll have all the prep done in about 15 minutes, and can toss it in the fridge until you’re ready to serve it while you start working on your other meal prep.
To start, just cook your macaroni following the package directions.
While your noodles are cooking, you can prep all the veggies.
Dice up the bell peppers, carrots, green onions, and your red onions.
Drain and rinse your noodles with cool water to help bring down the temperature. When the noodles are cool, combine the noodles and veggies in a large bowl.
Combine mayo, greek yogurt, mustard, vinegar, and pepper to create the dressing. Pour it over your macaroni salad, and blend until well combined.
Then, just let this easy macaroni salad chill in the fridge for an hour, or until its time to serve.
You can prepare this recipe the night before so it’s all ready to go for the barbecue or picnic.
Watch how easy this macaroni salad is to prepare in our 1-minute video!
Easy Macaroni Salad Recipe
- 4 cups cooked elbow macaroni pasta
- 1 red bell pepper, diced
- 1 cup diced carrot sticks
- ½ cup diced green onion
- ½ red onion, diced (optional)
- ½ cup fat free mayo
- ¼ cup plain Greek yogurt (optional)
- 2 tsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- Pepper to taste
- Cook macaroni until just done, and then immediately drain and rinse until cooled. Set aside.
- While macaroni is cooking, dice bell pepper, carrots, green and red onions, and then toss them with macaroni in a large bowl.
- Make dressing by mixing together mayo, yogurt, mustard, vinegar and pepper until smooth. Pour into macaroni bowl, blend thoroughly, and refrigerate for at least an hour.
More Easy Recipes
Save this recipe for later, pin it here!
Which is your favorite: macaroni salad or potato salad?