During the holiday season, food and I have a love-hate relationship. It seems like every holiday party and gathering is full of cakes, cookies, and goodies. However, all of this yummy food always comes with a price; and I always end up regretting my eating choices. This year, I’ve made it a goal to stay on track during the holidays with these 10 Nutritious Holiday Snack Ideas.
I received samples and compensation in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.
10 Nutritious Holiday Snack Ideas
1. Pinwheel Party Sandwiches – load on extra veggies and use a low-fat spread/dressing.
3. Baked Parmesan Veggies – a tasty veggie option baked with delicious garlic and Parmesan flavors. Plus, these veggies make the perfect holiday side dish.
4. Banana Muffins – perfect for kids to munch on during the holiday break.
5. Greek Yogurt and Fruit Parfait – layer your fruit with Greek yogurt.
6. Salads – perfect for bringing to holiday gatherings! This Strawberry & Balsamic Herb Salad Recipe is sure to be an instant crowd pleaser.
7. Homemade Fruit Leather – all you need is 3 ingredients!
8. Fruit Kabobs – place your favorite fruit on a skewer. My son LOVES eating fruit from a skewer.
9. Carrots and olives – slice carrots in half and place them through olives. These make the perfect dippers for holiday gatherings.
10. ZonePerfect Perfectly Simple Limited Edition Bars: Perfect for the holiday season, ZonePerfect Perfectly Simple Limited Edition Bars are now available in delicious flavors such as Peppermint Bark and Pumpkin Chai.
ZonePerfect Perfectly Simple Bars help you to enjoy delicious holiday flavors without the guilt. Plus, they are only 200 calories. Packed full of protein and nutrients, they give you a much needed boost of energy to complete your holiday tasks. Better yet, cut them into small squares and serve them as appetizers at a holiday party! Talk about the perfect way to indulge without the consequences.
Head on over to Target this Holiday season and get your Peppermint Bark and Pumpkin Chai ZonePerfect Perfectly Simple Limited Edition Bars. For other tips concerning smart eating during the holidays, be sure to check out 5 Healthy Holiday Eating Strategies.