I received a copy of Walking with Dinosaurs on blu-ray in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.
Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment and BBC Earth Films invite you to bring home Walking with Dinosaurs The Movie, an awe-inspiring adventure 70 million years in the making, now stomping in just in time for Easter.
Walking With Dinosaurs arrives on 3D, Blu-ray and DVD on March 25th
Dino fans of all ages will be ‘herding” to get their own copy of Walking With Dinosaurs The Movie. This movie is known for it’s explosive visual achievements and bringing dinosaurs back to life! The gigantic voice talents of Justin Long (Alvin and the Chipmunks franchise) and John Leguizamo (Ice Age franchise) take you on a thrilling prehistoric journey the whole family will enjoy! In a time when dinosaurs rule the Earth, the smallest of the pack — a playful Pachyrhinosaurus named Patchi — embarks on the biggest adventure of his life. As he tries to find his place in a spectacular world filled with fun-loving friends and a few dangerous foes, Patchi will discover the courage he needs to become the leader of the herd…and a hero for the ages.
Fun Dino Facts: Did you know?
1. A stegosaurus was twice as heavy as a car, but had a brain only as big as a kitten?
2. Dinosaurs were not alone! Alphadons were small mammals, similar to possums, that roamed the earth with dinos!
3. Some believe that the Tyrannosaurus rex might have had feathers!
4. Pachyrhinosaurus (the kind of dinosaur Patchi was) means “thick nose reptile”, probably named for the pad of bone it had on its face, instead of horns or a brow!
5. Carnivores are believed to have lived to be about 30 years old, while herbivores lived even longer than that!
You can learn more facts like these when you watch Walking With Dinosaurs!
Walking With Dinosaurs Activity Sheets
Click on the image to view full size to save/print.
Right click on the image and choose to save the images to your computer.
Now, you have a chance to win a copy of Walking With Dinosaurs!