This past week, I got the itch to start my spring cleaning. While cleaning out cubbies, under beds, and shelves, I realized that my “clean house” wasn’t so clean after all. Thinking about all of the places that my family frequently touches throughout the day made me realize that there are many areas of my house that I should be disinfecting on a regular basis (that I’m not).
I received samples and compensation in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.
5 Things You Should Be Cleaning in Your Home
1. Regularly touched surfaces: Do you take the time to frequently clean your light switches, computer keyboards, cell phone screens, remote controls, stair rails, and door knobs? Think of how many people spread germs to these areas throughout the day. Because viruses such as influenza can stay on such surfaces for up to 24 hours, it’s important to disinfect these household items daily.
2. The kitchen sink: Although you frequently wash your dishes in your sink, have you every thought about sanitizing your sink before washing your dishes? Make sure that you are also switching our your kitchen sponges on a regular basis. Kitchen sponges are a great place for bacteria to hang out.
3. Toys: Be sure you are cleaning your child’s toys on a regular basis. Don’t forget to clean/replace bath toys!
4. Toothbrushes: Don’t wait until someone is sick in your home to replace/sanitize toothbrushes. Make sure that you’re cleaning or replacing your toothbrushes on a regular basis. An easy way to do this is running them through the dishwasher. In order to avoid spreading germs, place toothbrush covers on each separate toothbrush.
5. The air: Let’s be honest, even if you’re pretty good at cleaning your home, chances are, you aren’t purifying the air in your home on a regular basis. Using a quality air purifier such as the Honeywell QuietClean Air Purifier is key to eliminating airborne pathogens, pet dander, dust particles, VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds), and other indoor allergens.
Easy to transport from one room to the next, my family has fallen in love with our Honeywell QuietClean Tower Air Purifier. Because of its lightweight design, it can easily purify the air in any room of the house: kitchen, playroom, family room, bedrooms, etc. Living in a new home full of dust, the Honeywell QuietClean Tower Air Purifier has been a game changer – capturing microscopic dust particles, our allergies have never been better. Equipped with permanent filters that can easily be rinsed with water, saving money on cleaner air has never felt so good!
I typically clean my house during my kids’ nap time. While cleaning doorknobs, light switches, bath toys, etc., I always run my Honeywell QuietClean Tower Air Purifier. I’m always amazed just how quickly it rids my home from the strong smell of cleaners while purifying my air. Not to mention, it’s ultra-quiet fan never wakes my sleeping children. I call that a win-win!
The beginning of spring is a great time to rid your home of unnecessary germs and allergens. Cleaning things such as the air in your home has never been easier thanks to Honeywell. Be sure to check out the Honeywell QuietClean Tower Air Purifier at Best Buy for more product information and features.