This past year, my husband and I purchased our first home. As exciting as it is to be home owners, there is a lot of upkeep required! New to the whole home ownership thing and need to get your home prepared for winter? Start with these 7 Ways to Winterize Your Home.
I received samples and compensation in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.
7 Ways to Winterize Your Home
1. Keep things well insulated. It’s important to make sure that your windows and doors are well caulked to prevent unwanted cold air from coming into your home.
2. Clean our your rain gutters. This is especially important to prevent blockage which could potentially cause flooding. Also, make sure that your gutters extend a few feet away from your home to prevent any foundational water damage.
3. Test your fire and co alarms. Because winter often poses higher risks of fire and carbon monoxide problems, it’s important to check your batteries and make sure all of your alarms are working correctly.
4. Reverse ceiling fans. Did you know that most ceiling fans are able to switch directions? Switching the direction in your ceiling fan (clockwise) allows for the hot air to rise quicker.
5. Cover your AC unit. If your home has an AC unit, it’s important to make sure it is free of debris and cover it before the snow starts falling.
6. Care for your lawn. Before cooler temperatures arrive, be sure to prune back your plants, properly store your lawn equipment, and cover your patio furniture.
7. Change your furnace filters. Before turning on your heat, it’s important to make sure your furnace is working correctly. This includes getting your furnace tuned-up, and switching out your furnace filter regularly.
If you’re anything like me, I struggle remembering to switch out my filters on a regular basis; which is NOT good seeing that indoor polluted air can raise health risks for the entire family! Thankfully, FilterEasy makes changing your filter easy and super convenient!
When I say convenient, I meant it! Delivering right to your door (with free shipping I might add) FilterEasy allows you to choose your filter size (they have just about every and any size filter), how often you’d like your filters delivered, and then ships them directly to your front door! Not to mention, there is no commitment necessary! You can cancel or change your order at any time!
Obviously, before FilterEasy entered my life, I went a LONG time before remembering to change my filter. Now, I don’t even have to think about remembering to pick one up at the store! It arrives on my porch ready for install! Want to try a FREE sample? Click on this FILTEREASY link or use promo code AMOMSTAKE at checkout! Thanks to FilterEasy, winterizing my home has never been so easy!