Updated on October 2nd, 2014
I find my family being invited to many barbecues and picnics now that Summer has come to call. To me a barbecue isn’t a barbecue without Potato salad.
I just love homemade potato salad. Funny enough, I had my first homemade potato salad experience when I joined my husband’s family. It was perfect. I loved the combination of the eggs and pickles and the crunch of celery. When the next party rolled around, I asked my husband if he knew how to make it. My husband can make anything, and sure enough he taught me how to make homemade potato salad.
- 5 lbs of potatoes peeled and cut into squares
- 1 dozen hardboiled eggs diced
- 1½ cups of real mayonnaise
- ½ jar of dill pickles spears diced (I find spears easier to cut)
- 1 cup of celery diced
- 1 tablespoon of yellow mustard
- onion and olives optional
- Boil potatoes in salted water until tender. Let cool.
- In large mixing bowl, add diced eggs, pickles, and celery. Mix gently
- Add cooled potatoes to egg mixture.
- When thoroughly combined, add mayonnaise and mustard. Gently mix.
- Salt and pepper to taste.
- Keep refrigerated until served