I have shared before my very favorite pie recipe for Frozen Pink Lemonade Pie! Once in a while, we like to mix up my very favorite and go for something with a bit different flavor and the same great refreshing taste of that pie I love so much. So today I’m going to share a variation on that recipe: Frozen Orange Cream Pie!
Frozen Orange Cream Pie Recipe
- 2 premade graham cracker crusts (the larger 10-slice size)
- 1 standard size carton of vanilla ice cream
- 1 Can Frozen Orange Juice concentrate
- 1/3 concentrate can filled with water.
- 1 tub of Cool Whip (the larger size, I think it might be 12 oz)
- Cut your ice cream into smaller chunks using a knife and add to your mixing bowl.
- Add your cool whip and frozen concentrate. Fill the empty concentrate can with one cup of water and add to your mix.
- Allow to thaw for 5-10 minutes until your ice cream is softened.
- Blend the ingredients together until smooth and well mixed.
- Spoon the pie filling into your two pie crusts.
- Freeze for 24 hours or at least overnight.
The recipe comes out reminding me of an orange creamsicle popsicle. It still has a punch of tart with the orange flavor and it ends a light creamy orange color. You can add food coloring if you want a darker orange color.
Serve up the slice with a have ring of a fresh orange on top or cut the orange from the rind and twist the rind, using it for decoration. Keep in mind, you’ll only need small slices of this pie to cool off and feel refreshed.