Updated on October 5th, 2014
Spring usually inspires us to spruce up our home and get it feeling fresh. New throw pillows is a great way to add color and charm to your space, but they can be quite costly. Instead of buying retail, why not try making your own? You can make your own no sew pillow for spring in just minutes and for just a few dollars. They are a simple and inexpensive way to add some spring color and charm while leaving plenty of green in your pocket. Take a peek below at how to craft your own. It is easier than you may think.
DIY No Sew Pillow for Spring
- Spring theme towel
- Silk flowers
- Cotton stuffing
- Hot glue, glue gun
We were able to find supplies such as the towel, ribbon, and flowers at our local dollar store. For cotton stuffing, check out your local Walmart or craft store. You can typically buy a bag for around $3 and a little goes a long way.
- Begin by laying your towel flat and then fold it in half. You want to line the edges up with each other as much as possible so it is nice and even.
- Take your glue gun and apply a thick layer of glue to the left side and bottom of the towel, applying the glue in between the towel layers. Press the towel edges together so the glue adheres them well. Your top (where your fold was), left side, and bottom of your “pillow” should now be sealed.
- Begin filling the pillow with stuffing. Fluff the stuffing and place it in the pillowcase until it is nice and full.
- Seal the open end of the pillow with hot glue just as you did in step #2.
- You are now going to decorate your pillow. Using your hot glue, attach floral pieces and ribbon to the corner for extra embellishment.