When I was in college, I lived in an apartment with 5 other roommates. To save time and money, we decided to take turns cooking during the week; we were each assigned one day of the week. I LOVED only cooking one night each week; not to mention, I ate many tasty meals that semester! At the end of the semester, we decided to compile a cookbook of our favorite recipes. To this day, many of my favorite recipes come from my cookbook. Here’s one of my favorite pizza recipes courtesy of my college roommate cookbook!
To start, dissolve yeast in water. Mix together the rest of the dough ingredients. Let the dough rise for 1 hour or until it has doubled in size. Roll out your dough into a rectangular shape. Spread pizza sauce, cheese and toppings in the middle of the dough. Although the recipe doesn’t call of it, I sprinkled a little oregano and Italian seasoning on top of my pepperonis!
Fold the top and bottom of the pizza. Cut diagonal strops on the two long sides of dough and criss-cross them (making the dough look like a braid). To make your dough extra savory, spread melted butter, garlic salt, and garlic powder on the top of your pizza. Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes.
- 1 jar pizza sauce
- 2 cups shredded cheese
- favorite pizza toppings
- 2 tsp yeast
- 1 tsp sugar
- 1/2 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup lukewarm milk
- 1/3 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 egg
- 3.5 – 4 cups flour
- Dissolve yeast in water.
- Mix together the rest of the dough ingredients.
- Let the dough rise for 1 hour or until it has doubled in size.
- Roll out dough into a rectangular shape (place dough on greased cookie sheet).
- Spread pizza sauce in the middle of the dough.
- Sprinkle cheese and your favorite pizza toppings on top of the pizza sauce.
- Cut equal diagonal strips on the two long sides of the dough.
- Criss-cross the diagonal strips making it look like a braid.
- Fold the top and bottom of the braid.
- Bake at 350 for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown.
Want another fun and easy pizza recipe? Check out 5 Minute Personal Pizzas!