There is something magical and fun about the first day of school. There are jitters, nerves, excitement, smiles, a few pouts, and of course lots of photo opportunities to capture all of these moments. Flipping back through my own photo album, I find some of these same perfect first day of school poses, and they’re just as perfect today! Grab your smartphone and get snapping, because by the second day of school it may be too late.
I received compensation for this post. All opinions are my own.
10 Perfect First Day of School Poses
2. Up-close headshot – Make sure you get in close, and snap a nice headshot image of your kids. This will let you skip the annual school pictures for purchase while still chronicling their growth.
3. With the teacher – This picture is a classic for the first day of school. It shows their nervous smiles and captures that first all exciting day! Your kiddos will be able to look back and remember the time they spent with their different teachers through the years.
4. In the classroom – Show off their desk and classmates by snapping a picture of your child in the classroom, and especially seated at their desk. You can trick them into this pose by following them into the classroom and asking your child to point out their desk.
5. Back to school breakfast – Capture what they had their first day back to school, and turn that special breakfast into a tradition. Plus, you’ll be starting their day out right with a filling breakfast that will fuel them for their big first day back. It’s easy to get your kids to smile when they are enjoying Odom’s Tennessee Pride breakfast sandwiches as they head out the door.
6. Mandatory sibling line-up – If you have more than one child, this picture is a must. Of course, they’re bound to fuss and complain, but pull them together anyways and coax out a smile. Having the kids pictured together really helps give perspective on their age and size, especially when you look back at how little they were when starting Kindergarten.
7. All their crazy faces – I don’t know about your kids, but as soon as they realize I want to capture a nice picture, the silly faces come out. Soak them up! They will make you laugh when you trace back through the family albums.
8. With their backpack – You plan and shop and eventually pick out the perfect backpack for the school year. Snap a shot with your kids heading out the door, and make sure you include their ‘packs in the picture. Bonus points if you can get your kids to hold hands!
9. Holding last year’s school picture – Pull out your photo album and last year’s school pictures. Load the print into a frame, if it isn’t already framed, then pose your child holding last year’s picture. You’ll be amazed at how much they’ve grown in just a year’s time.
10. Sidewalk chalk – Grab a piece of sidewalk chalk and let your child help you design a spot for your next photo opportunity. Together you can write their name, draw designs or even trace their outline!
When you make it past your first day back, and start to settle into your routine, Odom’s Tennessee Pride Sausage & Buttermilk Biscuits will be there to ease your transition. Their yummy breakfast sandwiches are filling and a good source of protein making them a perfect choice when rushing out the door each morning.
You can heat up their snack sized sandwiches which come in a 2-pack and if they haven’t finished both by the time your alarm is ringing for you to head out the door, they can grab their biscuit and their backpack and head to the car.
We are all big fans of Odom’s breakfast sandwiches because they are so fast, so easy, and so tasty! Best of all, they don’t give my kids that typical cereal crash before it’s time for their school lunch. You can find Odom’s Tennessee Pride Snack Sized Sausage & Buttermilk Biscuits are available at Kroger grocery stores, Sam’s Club, Walmart and other local retailers.