This year, my oldest son will be starting school for the first time. I seriously can’t believe that he’s old enough to wear a backpack, pack a lunch, and have homework! Where in the world has the time gone?
We are currently in the middle of preparing for all of his back to school endeavors – which means A LOT of shopping. Because both of my kids get bored pretty easily, shopping with kids can be pretty tricky. However, these Ways to Keep Your Kids Entertained While Shopping have been lifesavers as we have begun gathering our school gear!
I received samples and compensation in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.
Ways to Keep Your Kids
Entertained While Shopping
1. Alphabet scavenger hunt. Start at the beginning of the alphabet and find items in the store that correlate with each letter.
2. Kid grocery lists. Hand your grocery list over to your little shopper and let them cross the items found off your list. For kids who haven’t learned how to read yet, you can draw pictures next to the items on your list.
3. Clean the cart. I find that my children seem to stay out of trouble when I give them tasks to accomplish. Set your child in the cart, give them a wipe and let them help you “clean” the cart.
4. Cereal strand. This is perfect for even the littlest of shoppers. Before heading to the store, string cereal (fruit loops, cheerios, etc) onto a long piece of thread or string. As soon as you enter the store, hand over the cereal strand and enjoy a few moments of peace!
5. I spy. Nothing like a good old fashioned game of “I Spy” around the store to keep your little one’s mind engaged!
6. Count the items. Counting seems to keep my little one pretty preoccupied. While shopping, ask your child to help you count the items in your cart, letters on the packaging, etc.
7. Interactive apps. One of the reasons why I enjoy shopping at Sears for my son’s back-to-school wardrobe is their child friendly atmosphere. To help make life easier for the entire family while back-to-school shopping, Sears has launched a new interactive in-store game via the Sears app featuring characters from the movie The Secret Life of Pets.
After downloading the Sears app, we quickly began our journey to help us find Max. Looking around the store to find all 3 QR codes, my son was giddy running from one clue to the next. After finding all 3 clues and Max, we were then able to unlock opportunities to enter sweepstakes and earn instant Shop Your Way points. My son had a blast, and I earned Shop Your Way points…now that’s what I call a win-win shopping experience.
Because this was our first experience with back-to-school shopping, I wanted to make sure that my son found stylish clothes that would last him through the school year. Thankfully, Sears Roebuck & Co. line has recently expanded their stylish clothing to boys and girls! Providing fits such as straight and slim straight, my little student is all set with his denim needs. The slim and straight fit is perfect for his small waist and keep his pants from falling down! Not to mention, the jeans look darling paired with his Roebuck & Co. button-up shirt!
Recently introducing the line R1893 – a diverse denim collection for women, I knew I had to snag a pair of these jeans. Matching pretty much everything in my wardrobe, I’ve never felt so comfortable in my F1893 Denim. Thanks to Sears, we are both ready to look our best heading into a fresh new school year.
Take it from me, if you’re looking for a stress-free (and entertaining) place to get wonderful back-to-school deals and gear, head on over to Sears!