I don’t know about you, but summertime is our favorite time to travel and enjoy family vacations. This year, we have enjoyed a variety of family reunions, visits, weddings, and vacations.
Although I love traveling and exploring with my family, traveling can really start to wear on you. That’s why it’s important to learn how to appropriately prepare for vacations and then learn to how actually relax while traveling.
I’ve found that my vacations are truly SO much more enjoyable when I incorporate these 6 Ways to Make Life Easier While Traveling.
I received samples and compensation in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.
6 Ways to Make Life Easier While Traveling
1. Keep up on laundry. I always try to do a load of laundry while traveling, before heading home. I love coming home and unpacking clean clothes instead of watching my mountain of laundry pile higher and higher.
2. Prepare entertainment. Be sure that your kids have plenty of entertainment for the duration of your travels. Some of our favorite ways to keep our kids entertained while traveling include quiet books, movies, singing songs, telling stories, playing with flashlights, and eating delicious snacks.
For my youngest traveler, I always keep a bag of toys (old ones from the bottom of the toy box) up front with me. I hand back toys one at a time as she gets tired of her old toy. This keeps her occupied the majority of our travels.
3. Bring a noise machine. I don’t know what it is about sleeping away from home, but my family sure struggles. All of the strange noises in a new place seem to keep everyone awake at night. To help our family get rest while traveling, I always make sure to pack a noise maker.
4. Make sure to pack all the essentials. Don’t forget to pack things like medicine, sunscreen, band-aids, hand sanitizer, wipes, plastic bags (in case of messes or accidents), etc. Being prepared sure makes traveling THAT much easier.
5. Stay organized. I notice that I always seem to get flustered when my car is a mess while traveling. Whenever you stop to get gas, throw all of the trash away in your car. Keep your suitcases organized by packing your belongings vertically. This helps you to be able to find exactly what you need without having to take everything out of your suitcase.
6. Bring comforts from home. I always feel a lot more at ease while traveling when I bring a few comforts from home. I mean, what would a vacation be without relaxing at night and catching up on all of my favorite shows?
Thankfully, with Roku’s new Streaming Stick, you’re able to take your favorite shows with you wherever you go! Simply plug in your pocket-sized Streaming Stick to different televisions at home, hotels, dorm rooms, or a friend’s house, use your Roku remote (or mobile device) to navigate, sign into your account, and access all of your favorite shows!
I love that the Roku Streaming Stick literally fits in the palm of my hand – which barely takes up any room in my suitcase. Not to mention, it’s SUPER easy to use and works just as well as my home Roku device. Traveling just got a lot easier and more comfortable thanks to the Roku Streaming Stick!