This past month, I spent A LOT of time traveling to weddings, parties, family reunions, and summer events. Between the many car and plane rides, I found a few traveling tips that made living out of a suitcase bearable. Planning an upcoming trip? Make traveling a pleasant experience by using these unique traveling hacks.
I received samples and compensation in exchange for this post. Regardless, all opinions are my own.
10 Unique Traveling Hacks
1. Pack Vertically: When packing your suitcase, pack all of your clothes vertically instead of horizontally. This makes clothing items easier to find, keeps your suitcase better organized, and helps you fit more in your luggage.
2. Identify Your Baggage: Because so many luggage looks alike, it’s important to find a way to set your suitcase apart. When flying, make sure to tie a brightly colored ribbon onto your bag. This saves you the hassle of identifying your suitcase and makes it so other people don’t accidentally take you luggage.
3. Keep Clothes Fresh: To keep you clothes smelling fresh out of the dryer, add dryer sheets to the inside of your suitcase.
4. Bring Empty Water Bottles: Airport water bottles cost a pretty penny. Although you can’t bring full water bottles past security, if you bring an empty water bottle, you can fill it up at the drinking fountain as soon as you go through security.
5. Carry a Portable Charger: Whether you are traveling via airplane or car, bringing a portable phone charger will save you the headache of a dead phone. After all, it’s no party being stranded without a phone.
6. Bring a Garbage Bag: When traveling with kids, bring a small garbage bag or gallon sized Zip-lock baggie in case of messy clothes, dirty diapers, or spill.
7. Pack a First Aid Kit: You never quite know what’s going to happen while you travel. In your purse or travel bag, be sure to pack a small first aid kit with band-aids, Ibuprofen, Antibiotic ointment, etc.
8. Bring Duct Tape: Duct tape fixes EVERYTHING! Carrying a small roll of duct tape will solve problems such as damaged luggage, broken shoes (this one comes from experience), ripped clothing, etc.
9. Carry a Pen: You never know when you’ll need to jot something down or sign your name. I find that keeping a pen in my purse saves me many headaches.
10. Use Wrinkle Release: Despite my best efforts to pack my clothes properly, something always ends up with an abundance of wrinkles. To save myself the time and hassle of having to iron, I always bring Downy Wrinkle Releaser Plus in my suitcase. Using Downy Wrinkle Releaser Plus with its new and improved sprayer, keeping clothes wrinkle free has never been easier; all I have to do is spray, tug and smooth, then hang to dry.
Although Downy Wrinkle Releaser is handy to pack while traveling, I’ve found many uses for it in my every day life: maintaining wrinkle free clothes, keeping my furniture smelling fresh, eliminating pet odors, keeping static away, and using it instead of water to iron my clothes. I can’t tell you how many times I’ve left clothes in the dryer overnight…in fact, there are some sitting in my dryer right now. Instead of having to put the clothes through an additional drying cycle, I use Downy Wrinkle Releaser to straighten out those overnight wrinkles. This stuff works miracles; not only do my wrinkles disappear in minutes, but my clothes are left smelling fresh and clean. My sister is currently performing a service mission in Guatemala. Because she doesn’t have access to an iron, she uses Downy Wrinkle Releaser on a daily basis to keep all of her clothes wrinkle free and looking professional.
Make traveling easier by packing Downy Wrinkle Releaser. Plus, with so many great uses for one simple product, Downy Wrinkle Releaser is a must for every household. Be sure to visit downywrinklereleaserplus.com and Downy’s Facebook page on for more product information and wrinkle releaser tips.