I received SKINDINAVIA’s The Makeup Primer Spray in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.
I live in Arizona, so I know heat. You absolutely melt in the summer. Most of the time I just don’t wear any makeup. But, I need to wear makeup sometimes in the summer, especially when I don’t want to feel like frumpy mom. Unfortunately, 30 minutes into whatever I’m doing, my makeup is usually just melting off my face. My carefully applied eye makeup keeps pooling under my eyes.
Don’t despair, there are some ways to help prevent the make-up slide, check out these Summer Makeup Tips!
- First and foremost, it’s super super super important to apply sunscreen ALL THE TIME. Even if you are one of those people that “just tans” it’s protecting your skin. Sunscreens are combining several ingredients that help prevent the sun’s ultraviolet (UV) radiation from reaching the skin. Two types of ultraviolet radiation, UVA and UVB, damage the skin, age it prematurely, and increase your risk of skin cancer.
- Use a Makeup Primer. Makeup Primer’s help keep your makeup on your skin, it’s like a secret weapon. I recently got to try SKINDINAVIA’s The Makeup Primer Spray.
SKINDINAVIA’s The Makeup Primer Spray is applied as a micro-fine mist that energizes skin and preps your face as an oil free canvas for long-lasting makeup wear. It is clinically proven to soothe redness, prevent breakouts, balance the skin, soften the appearance of oil, and even out skin tone while reducing the appearance of large pores over time. For all skin types. Also available in ‘oil-control.’
I really loved the how cool the spray feels when you apply it. It’s super easy, drys fast, but it leaves your skin feeling nice and soft. My makeup held up really well in the heat. I can’t wait to use it when I’m doing theatre, those stage lights are really hot. You can grab SKINDINAVIA’s The Makeup Primer from their website.
- Use lighter colors. Darker eye shadows show more creasing, lighter colors on the eyes will show less creasing, and won’t be as noticeable.
- Less is more. Use a small amount of foundation and apply with a wet sponge. You will get great coverage, but use way less foundation. Tinted moisturizer is also another option to provide some coverage without the heaviness.
- Try using eye shadow as eye liner. Use a slanted eye liner brush, get the brush slightly damp and apply the darker shadow to your lash line.
Hope your Summer is fun, and you look and feel great!