I received tickets to SeaLife Aquarium in exchange for my honest review. The opinions expressed above are my own. Affiliate links are included in this post. I’ll receive a small commission, at no cost to you, for a purchase made through clicking on a link in this post.
Sea Life Arizona Aquarium is a great way to spend a hot summer day in Arizona. We are always on the look out for fun things to do that are air conditioned here in the desert. The aquarium is designed with children in mind, and is hands on and interactive. My kids were fascinated by all of the attractions. Some of the fun features at Sea Life Arizona include:
- Touch tanks where you can touch starfish and other sea creatures.
- An interactive quiz trail that encourages learning about the creatures you are viewing.
- Fun facts to read as you move through the aquarium.
- Tips about conservation and how you can make a difference for our oceans.
- A 360 tunnel home to sharks, sea turtles, and rays.
- More than 5,000 creatures housed in 30 different displays.
We were able to visit the aquarium during their Shark Week. In honor of the oceans fiercest predator the aquarium had added some fun special features. During Shark Week families could participate in these “jaw”some activities for the entire family:
- Participate in a scavenger hunt and discover amazing facts about the shark of the day
- Explore the misunderstood shark and touch real artifacts at the shark table available all day
- Watch a fun video about great white shark tracking
- Shark Diver talk- Listen to one of our aquarists as he describes what it is like to dive with sharks
- Shark Week talk-Test your knowledge at these daily talks.
It took us about an hour and a half to make our way through the aquarium, but you could certainly spend more time in each area. My kids loved the brand new Jellyfish Discovery room, full of different types of jellies lit with fun lights and colors. We spent quite a bit of time in the 360 tunnel watching the sharks, sea turtles, and rays. When we had seen everything, my 2 year-old immediately asked to start over at the beginning, so we did!
SEA LIFE Arizona Aquarium is currently open Monday through Saturday from 10am-7:30 pm and Sunday from 10am-6pm. Tickets are $18 for adults and $13 dollars for children ages 3-13yrs. Children under 3 are free. Did you know SEA LIFE Aquarium Arizona offers a discounted rate when you book online? Save up to 40%!
Grab a copy of our I Spy Printable Aquarium Activity to take with you on your next visit to SEA LIFE!