This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of Sleep Inn® by Choice Hotels®. All opinions are 100% mine.
There is something magical about getting away, even it if it’s just for the night or a quiz weekend. Even the process and the planning can be rejuvenating. Planning and preparing to schedule a getaway gives you something to look forward to and dream for. In my family, having something to dream and plan and look forward to has meant closer relationships and more time spent enjoying and unwinding when we actually arrive at our getaway destination. Vacations are just good for the soul. Here are some reasons, or times, you can use as an excuse to plan that next trip!
9 Reasons to Schedule a Getaway
2. Plan a Babymoon – This is a new trend, to plan a last hooray before the baby arrives, but there is good reason behind it. Once your new bundle of joy arrives (whether your first or subsequent children), everything will change. The whole family dynamic is shifted and the first year with a new baby is very demanding. Take this excuse, and plan a getaway even if just for a spa day and an overnight at a hotel.
3. Use Your Vacation Days – Don’t let those paid (or unpaid) allotted vacation days from work go to waste. It may be hard to take those days off when you have a big project, a lot of commitments, or won’t get paid for your leave – but the time off will help you come back better refreshed and more able to focus on the tasks in front of you.
4. Escape for A Weekday Away – Be spontaneous, take advantage of a surprise day off or call in sick, and jump in the car. Head to a big city within 4-5 hours drive and spend the weekend exploring the city.
5. Hide out for the Holidays – My mom has created her own holiday tradition – she books a hotel and hides out through the festivities! Each year prior, she would get overwhelmed and stressed feeling like she had to visit with all the family, plan big feasts, and clean and entertain a crowd. Now, she uses the holidays as an excuse to getaway and not have any worries or expectations. You can take the whole family on a getaway to skip the extended family and instead reconnect with your children or spouse.
6. Visit the World – Taking off to see different parts of the world helps give you perspective and culture as you learn about how different people think, act, and live their lives. It will bring you back with a renewed appreciation for the things you have and a desire to changes things you could do better.
7. Explore Your State – You don’t have to go all the way across the globe to have an adventure. Visit all the nooks and crannies and amazing cites within your state borders. We’ve spent a lot of time checking out Arizona from big cities to trails to parks and museums. You never know when you might get a job that takes you to a new state and you’ll look back and appreciate the time you spent getting to see your home state while you lived there.
8. Take a Birthday Adventure Trip – Most years, we skip the big birthday parties and ask our children what fun activity they’d like to do instead. Some years, it’s been a family trip to Disneyland to count for all that year’s birthdays, other years, it’s taken us closer to home like a trip down to Tucson or all day at an arcade. These memories stand out the strongest to our family as a way to bond.
9. To Sleep In! If you are a parent with young children (or teenagers) in the home, you likely haven’t had a good night’s sleep in ages. One of my favorite things about getting away for a weekend is the opportunity to sleep in late if I want and really recharge from all the busy day-to-day activities.
Sleep Inn makes it their focus to provide a well-rested stay for their guests. You’ll find a stylish room where the details matter and a comfortable stay that can help you relax, snooze/rest, refresh, and make the most of your getaway.
We spent a weekend away at Sleep Inn recently, and I’ll be sharing our experience in my next post so check back for a sneak peek inside one of the Sleep Inn locations. Wherever your adventures and scheduled getaways might take you, look to Sleep Inn for an affordable, quality place to stay.