When I first became a mother, I honestly felt like I have NO idea what I was doing. Through trial and error, I was able to figure out a few tricks that totally saved me with baby #2. These 7 Parenting Tricks for New Moms will help save you time, money, and most importantly help save your sanity!
I was given samples and compensation from iHerb in exchange for this post. Regardless, all opinions are my own.
7 Parenting Tricks for New Moms
1. Use wipes to spread diaper rash ointment. Instead of applying diaper rash ointment with your finger, apply it to a wipe and then to your baby’s bum. Not only does it cut down on the mess, but it’s a lot more sanitary. And while we’re on the subject, I’m a huge fan of using Desitin for diaper rashes. I find that Extra Strength Desitin heals my baby’s rashes quickest and seems to stay in place the longest.
2. Slide onesies down their body when you encounter a blowout. This is a trick I wish I would have known for my first baby, aka the blowout king. When your baby has a blowout, instead of taking their onsies off over their head, use the flaps to slide the onsie down off their bodies. Did you know that’s what those flaps are for? Brilliant!
3. Baby proof your kitchen with elastics. With my first baby, I spent SO much money baby proofing my house. However, when baby #2 came around, I found that I could baby proof my house by simply using common household objects. For example, my favorite way to baby proof my kitchen is using elastics to keep the cupboard doors closed.
4. Put your cups in a reachable drawer. Teaching my toddler independence is extremely important to me. That means teaching her to get drinks all by herself. To do this, I place all of our plastic cups in a low, reachable drawer. Every time she needs a drink, she knows to go to this drawer, get her own cup, and use the stool to get water.
5. Glue the holes in your bath toys to prevent mold from growing. Nothing is worse than getting the kids into a nice warm bubble bath only to see little floaties coming out of their bath toys. To prevent this, put a little dot of hot glue over the holes in your bath toys.
6. Portion control your soap with a rubber band. Both of my kids LOVE washing their hands. Although I love this independence, they can sure make a mess with all of the soap. To help with portion control, place a rubber band around the spout – this makes it so they can’t get as much soap at a time.
7. Order your baby essentials through iHerb. While at the grocery store, I’m pretty good about remembering to pick up all of our needed food items. However, I struggle remembering to pick up all of my baby’s skincare essentials. And of course I don’t realize my mistake until we’re in the middle of bath time and we don’t have any body wash for the kids. That’s why buying all of my baby’s skincare products through iHerb is a total must! It’s super easy and always saves me an extra trip to the store! I simply login to iHerb‘s website, select my favorite baby skincare essentials, and they arrive right at my doorstep within a few days.
Why New Moms Need to Try iHerb
Shipped to over 160 countries, buying baby skincare products from iHerb is a total breeze. iHerb is a google trusted store and a has Customer Service Team that provides support in 10 different languages. Not only does iHerb have a larger selection of skincare products than my regular grocery store, but I only have to look one place to find all of my essentials.
Plus, using their website is super easy. You can either search through category and search by keywords and find the perfect products you are looking for. After placing my order, my iHerb products arrived in 2 days right to my doorstep. Talk about the perfect way to purchase a great selection of skincare products right from the comfort of my own home. Not having to run to the store with my kids is quite the added bonus!
My Favorite iHerb Picks
I am a huge fan of all Johnson and Johnson’s Baby Products. Living in a super dry climate, I depend on baby skincare products that will help lock in moisture and hydrate my kids’ skin. That’s why it’s no secret that my absolute favorite bath time products include Johnson’s Baby Lavender Shampoo, Johnson’s Baby Wash (Honey Apple and Head to Toe), and Johnson’s Baby Lotion.
Not only do Johnson and Johnson’s skincare products smell divine, but they don’t irritate my daughter’s extremely sensitive skin. Johnson’s Lavender Shampoo keeps my daughter’s scalp hydrated and doesn’t hurt her eyes when I rinse her head. Johnson’s Honey Apple and Head-to-Toe body washes make the perfect bath time bubbles and soothing environment right before bedtime.
Plus, lathering their soft skin with Johnson’s and Johnson’s Baby Lotion keeps their skin soft and smelling fresh. I love Johnson’s and Johnson’s products so much I use them with my newborns through the first few years of their lives. And, I’ll admit it, I find myself even applying Johnson and Johnson’s Baby Products to help heal my dry skin!
Save 10% on Baby Skincare Products
Being a mom can be a tough job, but these tricks have definitely been lifesavers. Try iHerb out for yourself and let me know what you think! Customers can click here to get 10% off Johnson & Johnson Baby, Aveeno Baby and Desitin Products. Offer ends June 30, 2017.