I still make flavored ice cubes with my kids from time to time. Let me show you how easy it is to make Kool-Aid Ice Cubes!
You will need to make Kool-Aid Ice Cubes:
- Kool-Aid Mix (sweetened or unsweetened)
- Ice Cube Trays
- Fill your pitcher with 1-quart of water to be able to fill 4 regular ice cube trays. Most pitchers will hold 2-quarts of water.
- Check your package directions for mixing Kool-Aid. You can use sweetened or unsweetened Kool-Aid depending on how sweet you want your ice cubes to be. Also, decide how strong you want your ice cubes to be. Should they add a lot of flavor or be more for color and interest? I typically use somewhere between 1/3 and 1/2 the called for Kool-Aid because I prefer a more watery ice cube.
- Add the Kool-Aid to your Pitcher and stir!
- Carefully and slowly pour your pitcher into your ice cube trays. If you do not pour slowly, the juice will splash right out of your trays. You can also use a spoon to ladle the juice into the trays.
- Freeze your trays until frozen and enjoy!
We pop a few of these ice cubes in with a glass of water or sprite and it adds a fun punch of fruity flavor to our drink. We all really love the extra flavor that gets added in.
Come see 10+ more Ways to use Kool-Aid with your family!
10+ "Kool" Ways to Use Kool-Aid - A Mom's Take
Wednesday 16th of October 2013
[…] Make Kool-Aid Ice Cubes! […]