I received an assortment of product in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.
Strawberry Shortcake Recipe
For Valentines This year, what would be better than something red and sweet, that is better for you than before? Strawberry Shortcake made with Truvia would be the perfect desert for that special someone this year.
You start with the shortbread on the bottom.
These smelled so good with that Almond flavoring in them. Tasted good plain too!
Then you top the Shortbread with the Strawberries.
This one was done with just fresh berries. My husband likes them more smushy, So I added some thawed berries in with his.
Then to finish top it off with some homemade whip cream! Happy Valentines Day.
- 4 cups Strawberries cut, chopped, or blended, how ever you like them best. Sweetened with Truvia
- 2 cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 Tablespoon of Truvia
- ⅓ cup butter or shortening
- 1 egg
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon Almond Flavoring
- Mix the berries and Truvia together and let set to form the yummy juices that will soak into the shortbread.
- Start by cutting the Butter and Truvia together, then add in the flour and other dry ingredients and get that cut together.
- Once that is well cut, add the wet ingredients. Do not over mix, just get everything together.
- You can then drop them by the spoonful onto a cookie sheet like I did, or you can roll and cut for my perfect look or design. That is your preference.
- Bake at 400 degrees for about 12 to 15 minutes. Check for doneness and adjust as needed.
That is what that dish says to me. This is finished off with fresh whipped cream, sweetened with 2 packets of Truvia.
Try my favorite Banana muffin next!