Updated on September 24th, 2016
This is a sponsored post written by me on behalf of DairyPure Milk. All opinions are 100% mine.
Milk is full of many great and beneficial proteins like lactic acid which is proven to calm and hydrate, leaving your skin softer. That’s why so many beauty products are made with milk.
- 12oz DairyPure milk
- 4.3oz Lye
- 22oz Olive oil
- 8oz Coconut oil
- 1oz Castor oil
1. Freeze milk in ice trays to prevent burning proteins. This works best with natural milk with less additives.
2. Wearing gloves and goggles, add lye to frozen milk. Stir until dissolved
3. In heavy duty container, combine oils.
4. Drizzle lye mixture into oils. Blend 4 or 5 minutes until your batter is thick enough to hold its shape.
5. You may add oats, scent or coloring now, if desired. Pour soap batter into mold.
6. Let cure. Let sit at room temperature for 24 hours for a browner soap. Place in freezer for for 24 hours, then at room temperature 24 more hours for a whiter soap.
7. Un-mold soap and slice into bars. The longer they cure, the more solid they will get.
Learn more about DairyPure and their exclusive 5 Point Purity Promise to see why it’s a perfect ingredient for creating hydrating milk soap.
- No artificial growth hormones*
- All milk is tested for antibiotics
- Continuously quality tested to ensure purity
- Only from cows fed a healthy diet
- Cold shipped fresh from your local dairy
*No significant difference has been shown between milk derived from cows treated with the artificial growth hormone rbST and non‐rbST‐treated cows.