I’ll admit it, my husband and I are BIG time Taco Bell lovers…like to the point that we hit up Taco Bell every time we get a midnight craving. A little while ago, we set out on a quest to try and recreate one of our Taco Bell favorites: The Crunch Wrap Supreme. Through trial and error, we have perfected this Homemade Crunch Wrap Supreme.
Homemade Crunch Wrap Supreme Recipe
Ingredients (for 6 crunch wraps):
- 6 uncooked tortillas (you can usually find these in the refrigerated section of your grocery store. Tortilla Land is my favorite brand).
- 1 lb. ground beef
- 1 taco seasoning packet
- Chips (I usually use either Doritos or plain tortilla chips)
- Cheese (mozzarella or cheddar)
- 1 tomato
1. Brown ground beef in a skillet over medium heat.
2. Add in taco seasoning and season beef ccording to packet’s directions.
3. Cut tomatoes, lettuce, and chips into small pieces.
4. Now comes the fun part – assembling your Crunch Wrap Supreme!
5. Put all of your taco ingredients in the center of your uncooked tortilla. Be sure not to put too much into one Crunch Wrap. It really doesn’t matter the order as long as you make sure the cheese is on top. If you like more of a “crunch” when you bite into the taco, I would suggest laying your chips down first, followed by the lettuce, tomatoes, beef, then cheese.
6. Fold your tortilla as picture below – until all of the sides are folded.
7. Place Crunch Wrap Supreme cheese side down on a heated skillet (the melted cheese helps seal the tortilla shut).
8. Cook both sides until golden brown.
9. Enjoy! If you want even more flavor, you can serve these with guacamole, salsa, or hot sauce.
As you can tell, these Crunch Wrap Supremes are an absolute family favorite…as in there are NEVER any leftovers!