I’m thrilled that fall is finally rolling around and we get to start celebrating the best holidays of the whole year that fall right in a row. Fall is always a time with lots of celebrations and tons of fun. The best part of the holidays, though, is sharing the excitement with your little ones. My boys LOVE S’mores, it’s one of our favorite treats! So, we thought why not recreate this treat we love with a Halloween theme! So, we came up with our own easy Halloween treats to create a Graveyard made out of S’mores ingredients!
We started by dicing up some butter, crumbling up the graham crackers, and then cutting a Hershey’s chocolate bar into approximately four pieces at funky angles to make our gravestones. Best of all, none of these steps needs perfection. Just dice up the butter, it doesn’t need to coat the bottom of the pan and crumble up the crackers, they don’t need to be tiny.
Finally, we used these Peeps marshmallow ghosts we found that worked perfectly for our creation without any extra thought required. I’m all about making cooking fun and easy! If you’re throwing a Halloween themed party, this yummy treat can double as table decor as it looks adorable with all the ghosts! Then, just pop it into the oven when you’re ready to enjoy it and it just takes a few minutes to bake. I laid the ghosts and chocolate down just before baking so they wouldn’t melt over the edge of the pan.
S’mores Halloween Graveyard Recipe
- 1 tbls butter
- 3-4 graham crackers
- 2 Hershey's chocolate bars
- 5 marshmallow peeps or large marshmallows
- Dice up the butter and place it on the bottom of the pan. It doesn't need to cover the bottom of the pan, just cut small chunks of butter and spread them out on the bottom of your pan. We used a small 6" cast iron skillet.
- Crumble up your graham crackers into large crumbles layering them on top of the butter filling the bottom row of your pan with the crackers.
- Cut your chocolate bar into 3-4 pieces using funky angles. These will form your headstones. Stand them up in the dish or at a slight angle spreading them out around the dish.
- Add your marshmallows or peeps marshmallow ghosts to your baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 4-5 minutes for peeps, or until lightly golden. Using traditional marshmallows watch the oven closely as they will melt quicker and grow much large than the peeps.
What are your favorite easy Halloween treats you like to make?