Updated on October 10th, 2018
This Halloween S’mores Dip is spooky, but oh so simple to make! There’s nothing scarier than being hungry at Halloween!
Crazy simple to make, and oh so fun, you’ll never want to make another s’mores dip ever again!
And forget about the need for fire…these s’more are simple and full of fun!
For another fun Halloween recipe, try these simple Halloween cupcakes as well!
Affiliate links are used in this post.
HALLOWEEN S’MORES DIP
I’m thrilled that fall is finally rolling around and we get to start celebrating the best holidays of the whole year that fall right in a row. Fall is always a time with lots of celebrations and tons of fun. The best part of the holidays, though, is sharing the excitement with your little ones. My boys LOVE S’mores, it’s one of our favorite treats! So, we thought why not recreate this treat we love with a Halloween theme! So, we came up with our own easy Halloween treats to create a Graveyard made out of S’mores ingredients!
How to make ghost s’mores dip
We started by dicing up some butter, crumbling up the graham crackers, and then cutting a Hershey’s chocolate bar into approximately four pieces at funky angles to make our gravestones. Best of all, none of these steps needs perfection. Just dice up the butter, it doesn’t need to coat the bottom of the pan and crumble up the crackers, they don’t need to be tiny.
Finally, we used these Peeps marshmallow ghosts we found that worked perfectly for our creation without any extra thought required. I’m all about making cooking fun and easy! If you’re throwing a Halloween themed party, this yummy treat can double as table decor as it looks adorable with all the ghosts! Then, just pop it into the oven when you’re ready to enjoy it and it just takes a few minutes to bake. I laid the ghosts and chocolate down just before baking so they wouldn’t melt over the edge of the pan.
FAQS ABOUT SKILLET S’MORES DIP
Q: Can you use chocolate covered graham crackers instead of regular?
A: Yep! In fact, that would take out the worry of having to buy the crackers and chocolate separate.
Q: What happens if you overbake the marshmallows?
A: Pull them out of the oven (wear an oven mit!) and let them cool. As the temp lowers, they should shrink in size.
Q: What happens if the marshmallows melt in this Halloween s’more dip?
A: Then you’ll have an ooey gooey ghost s’mores dip instead!
IF YOU LOVE THIS EASY SKILLET S’MORES DIP, SPEND A FEW MINUTES TO SEE THESE OTHER RECIPES THAT WILL BE AN AMAZING PART OF YOUR RECIPE COLLECTION!
- Try this festive and fun Pumpkin Pops!
- Don’t forget to give these Maple Cinnamon Pancakes a try!
- If you love this fun recipe, you’ll definitely enjoy this French Toast Bake!
CONNECT WITH A MOM’S TAKE ON YOUR FAVORITE SOCIAL CHANNEL FOR MORE RECIPES!
You can find us on:
HALLOWEEN S’MORES DIP
Click below to print/save this recipe or pin it to bookmark!
- 1 tbls butter
- 3-4 graham crackers
- 2 Hershey's chocolate bars
- 5 marshmallow peeps or large marshmallows
- Dice up the butter and place it on the bottom of the pan. It doesn't need to cover the bottom of the pan, just cut small chunks of butter and spread them out on the bottom of your pan. We used a small 6" cast iron skillet.
- Crumble up your graham crackers into large crumbles layering them on top of the butter filling the bottom row of your pan with the crackers.
- Cut your chocolate bar into 3-4 pieces using funky angles. These will form your headstones. Stand them up in the dish or at a slight angle spreading them out around the dish.
- Add your marshmallows or peeps marshmallow ghosts to your baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 4-5 minutes for peeps, or until lightly golden. Using traditional marshmallows watch the oven closely as they will melt quicker and grow much large than the peeps.
Get recipes right to your inbox – Subscribe!
What are your favorite easy Halloween treats you like to make?