A little while ago, I decided that I wanted a more attractive way to display the fruit in my kitchen; the plastic bags full of fruit sitting on my counter just wasn’t cutting it for me. I went to the store in great hopes of finding some sort of unique food holder; however, I came out empty handed. I decided to get a little creative and make my own fruit holder. It was extremely simple and turned out adorable! Whenever we have people over for dinner, I receive many compliments pertaining to my fashionable fruit stand.
DIY Fruit Holder
1. Candle stick with flat top
3. Hot glue
4. Spray paint (I like to use colors with a glossy finish, I think they look better)
1. Spray paint bowl and candle stick desired colors. I enjoyed using two separate colors; however, I also like the look of the fruit stand being only one color.
2. Allow spray paint to dry. Depending on the type of spray paint, allow the paint to dry for a few hours.
3. Hot glue bottom of bowl to the top of the candle stick; you can also use super glue. Just make sure that the bowl is securly placed on top of the candle stick.
4. Fill with fruit (or desired food) and display in kitchen.
As you can see, this craft is SUPER simple, yet trendy. You can also substitute a plate for the bowl and use it as a cake or dessert stand. For my husband’s last birthday, I made a beautiful round chocolate cake; I displayed his cake on this DIY dessert stand which became an instant party hit! This chic fruit holder will add such a unique and personalized touch to your kitchen decor.
I did not receive any compensation for this post. The view expressed above are entirely my own.