There are lots of steps to planning a wedding from creating invitations to picking out a theme and settling on a wedding dress. But as the big day starts to near, it’s helpful to have a checklist there to help you pull together the big day. This checklist is all about helping you, and your family and friends that will be pulling together all the details, plan for and set up your backyard wedding!
DIY Backyard Wedding Checklist
Bride: Make sure she has these basics on hand, and all the help she needs to pull together her look.
- Wedding Dress
- Something Old, New, Borrowed, Blue
- Outfit to change into
- Something to eat
For the Yard: Prep the space for the wedding celebration and/or reception.
- Tablecloths and Linens
- Tent, if additional shade is needed
- Trash receptacles
- Paper Products – Cups, dinner plates, cake plates, utensils
- Meal items – Dessert, dinner, appetizers depending on your menu
- Wedding cake
- Serving utensils
- Toasting glasses for the bride and groom
- Computer, tablet, or iPod to play your playlist
- Wedding Rings
- Marriage license
- Guest book
Looking for tips on how to pull a successful backyard wedding together? Head over and read our post on Tips for a DIY Backyard Wedding! We share what worked well for us and how to overcome some of the common challenges you might face with planning a wedding in your home.