As January first rolls around, I love writing down personal goals I hope to accomplish during the upcoming year. Every year, it seems that at least one of these goals relates directly to ways I hope to achieve a healthier and more active lifestyle. This year, I decided to keep things simple – find easy ways improve my overall health. Chasing after a little toddler with a baby on the way (scheduled to arrive in a month), I don’t have hours to spend at the gym. However, I’ve realized that there are many easy ways to achieve a healthier lifestyle without leaving the comfort of my own home.
I received samples and compensation in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.
10 Easy Ways to Achieve a Healthier Lifestyle
1. Let your body rest: In order for your body to function properly, it’s important to make sure you’re getting plenty of rest and sleep. Try to plan your schedule to allow your body at least 8 hours of sleep each night.
2. Eat smaller more frequent meals: It is recommended that you consume 5 small meals throughout the course of your day. This helps limit overeating while keeping your energy levels up throughout the day.
3. Take time to meditate: Physical and emotional health are closely related. Keep your emotions in check by setting aside time each day for “you” time. This may include meditating, taking a bubble bath, or just locking yourself in your room for 5 minutes of silence.
4. Eat low fat dairy: Cut some calories out of your diet by eating low fat dairy products.
5. Switch to whole wheat: Make sure your bread, cereal, etc contain whole wheat. How do you know if you’re eating whole wheat products? When looking at the packaged ingredients, whole wheat should be the first ingredient.
6. Drink water: Make sure you’re drinking at least 8 cups of water a day. I notice the more water I drink, the less hungry I am.
7. Get active: Exercise has many positive physical and emotional effects on the body. Find simple ways to get 30 minutes of exercise each day: playing with your kids at the park, doing squats during commercials, taking the stairs over the elevator, etc.
8. Plan your meals: You’re a lot less likely to eat unhealthy meals (or grab fast food) if you plan your meals at the beginning of each week.
9. Hold yourself accountable: Tell a friend or family member about your healthy lifestyle goals. Report weekly progress. After all, you’re a lot more likely to work on your goals if you’re accountable to someone else.
10. Get your fruits and veggies: Do you consume enough fruits and veggies in your diet? This is always one subject that I’ve always struggled with. Thankfully, Evolution Fresh green juices provide a delicious way to consume nearly 2 daily servings of fruits and veggies.
As part of improving my own health, I decided to accept Evolution Fresh’s 3 Days To Green Movement: drinking one green juice a day for 3 days. I noticed that by consuming Evolution Fresh’s cold-pressured organic juices, I feel an added boost of energy and tend to lay off the junk food. Not to mention, this DELICIOUS green juice is enjoyed by every member of the family – what a great way to ensure my little son (who can be an extremely picky eater) is receiving proper nutrition. Although there are many Evolution Fresh flavors to choose from, my personal favorites include: Organic Orange, Coconut Water, and Protein Power.
Thanks to Evolution Fresh, living a healthier lifestyle has never been easier (or tasted so delicious). Be sure to visit your local retailer and participate in your own 3 Days To Green health challenge!