It’s just about that dreaded time of year…allergy season. I don’t know what’s worse – the agitated eyes, runny nose, or sore throat. All I know is that my family has suffered through allergy season one too many times. This year, we are getting a head start by using these 8 Ways to Help Your Family Fight Allergies.
I received samples and compensation in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.
8 Ways to Help Your Family Fight Allergies
(Picture Credit: Monica Day)
1. Bathe more frequently: After going outside, be sure to put your kids in the shower to wash off the pollen, dust, and other allergens.
2. Use a saline flush: To help with nasal congestion, use a saline flush and bulb syringe (for young children).
3. Keep your windows closed: Don’t allow outdoor allergens to follow you inside. Keep your car windows and house windows closed.
4. Play outside wisely: Experts suggest that the pollen levels typically peak around noon – early afternoon. To avoid extra exposure to allergens, try to only be outside in the morning and evening.
5. Gargle with salt water: For sore throats associated with allergies, gargle with warm salt water (be sure not to swallow). Other sore throat remedies that work for my family include OTC anti-inflammatory drugs, lemon water, drinking broth, and sucking on ice.
6. Wear a mask: If experiencing severe allergies when going outside, wear a mask when completing yard work, going on walks, etc.
7. Utilize steam: When suffering from allergy symptoms, turn on the shower, shut the door, and let the steam work its magic on your congestion and sore throat.
8. Wear allergen glasses: Block allergens and protect your sensitive eyes by wearing chiggy & n‘s allergen-blocking sunglasses.
Created by parents who understand the discomfort of allergy eyes, chiggy & n allergen-blocking sunglasses provide a stylish solution to protect your little one’s eyes. Unlike most sunglasses where pollen can easily slip through the sides, chiggy & n’s design shields your child’s eyes from dust, pollen, and debris.
Although chiggy & n sunglasses are awesome during allergy season, the best part about these glasses is that they can be worn year round. Designed for children ages 4-10, these sunglasses also provide perfect protection from the sand at the beach, debris while playing at the park, and the bright sun while sledding in the snow. Designed with the perfect secure fit, scratch resistant lenses, durable frames, and incredible sun protection, you’ll want to take chiggy & n sunglasses everywhere! Plus, how darling is the design? I am seriously swooning over here!
Fighting allergy season has never been easier thanks to chiggy & n. Be sure to visit chiggy and n to view their three fun styles and colors. To learn more about chiggy & n sunglasses, be sure to show some love to the chiggy & n Kickstarter Campaign.