Washing dishes is by far my least favorite chore. And it shows. As my daily mountain of dishes pile higher and higher, my desire to wash the dishes drastically diminishes. Although dish washing can be quite the dreadful chore, I have found 5 simple ways to make dish washing easier.
I received samples and compensation in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.
5 Ways to Make Dish Washing Easier
1. Keep your sink full of soapy water. As you dirty your dishes, place them in the soapy water and clean them as you go.
2. Use fewer dishes. The fewer dishes you use, the easier dish washing becomes. To cut down on the amount of dishes I have to wash, I assign each family member one cup/water bottle to use for the day. This is the cup they use for meals and when thirsty throughout the day. This cuts my dirty dishes in half.
3. Keep things organized. When loading your dishes in your dishwasher, place all like items together. Load all forks together, keeps spoons together, place the plates together, etc. This makes unloading SO much easier.
4. Wash dishes in order. To make dish washing easier, be sure to clean your dishes in a specific order. Start by scraping off all excess food. Clean your glass first followed by your silverware and then pots and pans.
5. Use a good dish soap. Dish washing becomes SO much easier when you use a dish soap that fights grease and grime. Want to know my favorite Dish Liquid for fighting tough dried-on food? Seventh Generation‘s Natural Dish Liquid.
Seventh Generation’s non-toxic and biodegradable Natural Dish Liquid fights grease light none other. Using the power of plants to clean the toughest stains, Seventh Generation’s Natural Dish Liquid hypoallergenic formula comes in three delicious scents: Lavendar Floral & Mint, Lemongrass and Clementine Zest, Fresh Citrus and Ginger. Let me tell you, washing dishes with a refreshing aroma in the air makes dish washing SO much more enjoyable.
Make dish washing more enjoyable with Seventh Generation’s Natural Dish Liquid. Be sure to visit Seventh Generation and check out other safe and effective products for your home and family.