Living in Arizona, we have sunny skies nearly every day of the year. It’s a blessing but also somewhat a curse. We love the bright sunny skies that uplift our mood and let us enjoy the outdoors, but it also means we have to be careful of being safe in the sun. Here are 6 tips for sun safety to help you prepare to enjoy your time outdoors more freely.
I received compensation for this post. All opinions are my own.
6 Tips for Sun Safety
1. Seek the Shade – When you are enjoying the outdoors, take refuge in the shade. The shade will drop the temperature a few degrees and keep you from overheating as quickly.
2. Cover Up – Don’t be afraid to wear clothing out in the sun. Even a thin long sleeve shirt can help to protect your skin. Or, look for a rash guard with built in UV protection when you are playing all day at the beach or water park.
3. Know When UV Rays are Present – Being aware of when harmful UV rays are present is a big deal! Did you know you can still have UV rays present while in the shade or on cloudy and overcast days? Don’t be fooled into thinking only direct sunlight on your skin can cause harm. Blue Lizard Sunscreen has an ingenious bottle design that changes colors whenever harmful UV rays are present so you know, without a doubt, if you need to take precautions.
4. Plan Your Schedule Wisely – When possible, choose to play outdoors in the morning or late afternoon hours, rather than right at high noon when the sun is directly overhead. Temperatures will be cooler and you’ll have better access to shade.
5. Stay Hydrated – Being out in the sun can easily make you dehydrated. A keep to being safe outdoors is having a water bottle full and ready when you head outside to keep you hydrated. You’ll feel better and the water will help keep you cool.
6. Use Sunblock – Don’t go without sunblock. It might feel like a pain when you are applying the sunblock, but keep in mind it just takes a minute to apply and will be protecting your body’s largest organ – your skin! Blue Lizard Sunscreen offers clinically proven, broad UV coverage to keep you safe.
Give Blue Lizard Sunscreen a try yourself! Just toss a bottle in your purse and if you’re ever wondering if you may need sunblock to protect your skin, the bottle can help you decide by simply exposing it to the natural light and seeing if the bottle changes colors.
You can find Blue Lizard Sunscreen in a few different formulas including Sport, Face, Sensitive and Baby to fit your individual needs. Their sensitive formula is chemical-free, paraben-free and fragrance-free and is doctor, dermatologist, and pharmacist recommended! Their sunscreen is water-resistant and has a SPF 30+ formulation.
For a limited time, you can take 20% off orders over $35 with the promotional code P20AMOMT. This coupon expires on 8/31/15.