Isn’t it true that we always want what we can’t have? Born with naturally curly hair, as a little girl, I used to dream of having long, straight, and sleek hair. It wasn’t until Jr High that my dreams became a reality – I bought my first straightener and said goodbye to curly hair. However, through the years, straightening my hair has come at quite the cost: dry, slow-growing hair with countless split ends. Do you face a similar dilemma? Put some life back into your hair with these 10 tips for longer and healthier hair.
I received samples and compensation in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.
10 Secrets for Longer and Healthier Hair
1. Provide protection from environment: Just as your skin needs protection from the sun it’s equally as important to provide your hair with that same protection. If you know you’re going to be out in the sun for a long period of time, make sure to wear a hat or use sun protectant spray; this will help protect your hair from damaging UV rays.
2. Use heat sparingly: It’s no secret that daily heat exposure leads to split ends, breakage, and dry hair. Try and cut down on the number of times you blow dry, straighten, and curl your hair during the week. The less you expose your hair to heat, the healthier it will stay.
3. Exercise: A healthier lifestyle leads to healthier hair; this in turn will help your hair grow faster.
4. Take vitamins: Take a daily vitamin. To help your hair grow quickly, look for vitamins high in folic acid and biotin. You can obtain biotin naturally by eating foods high in biotin – eggs, berries, almonds, etc.
5. Wash your hair every few days: Wash your hair every other day. Allow the natural oils in your hair to work their magic. If you’re concerned about greasy hair, apply a dry shampoo to your roots. Washing your hair every few days also cuts down on damaging heat exposure.
6. Use an appropriate brush: When brushing your hair, make sure to use a soft bristled brush.
7. Stay hydrated: Your hydration levels often reflect in your skin and hair. To help get rid of dry and damaged hair, make sure you are drinking at least 8 cups of water a day.
8. Avoid pulling hair back: Avoid hairstyles that cut off hair circulation – pony tails, tight braids, etc. Wear your hair down long as often as possible.
9. Regularly trim hair: It’s important to keep your split ends under control; after-all, healthy hair grows faster. Make sure to get your hair trimmed on a regular basis. However, if you’re a busy mom like me, finding time to get a regular trim can be quite the hassle. Thankfully, Great Clips is here to the rescue! With Great Clips’ ability to check-in online, you’re able view the wait times at your local salon. Checking out my local Great Clips, I found that I can save over a half hour by using Great Clips’ online check in; this is something a busy mom can truly appreciate. After checking-in, head on over to Great Clips for quick services and quality hair cuts.
10. Use reconstructor: Rebuild and improve the structure of your hair with JOICO‘s K-PACK Deep Penetrating Reconstructor. This reconstrucor truly works miracles! Simply apply it to your damp hair, leave it in for 5 minutes, then rinse. Infused with essential amino acids, your hair will quickly be restored to an incredibly healthy state. Trust me, you’ll love everything about this reconstructor – from the incredible banana scent to the way it makes your hair shine!
Want to give JOICO’s Reconstructor a try? For the month of January, JOICO has teamed up with participating Great Clips allowing you to purchase JOICO’s K-PACK Deep Penetrating Reconstructor for only $10.99. Also available for that same price of $10.99, you’ll find K-PACK Shampoo, Conditioner, Intense Hydrator, Clarifying Shampoo, JOICO Color Endure Shampoo and Conditioner, and Hair Spiker Styling Glue. What incredible savings!
Save time, money, and your hair with the help of Great Clips and JOICO. Be sure to enter Great Clips/JOICO SAVVY Savings Sweepstakes where 10 lucky winners will win one free year of hair cuts and a JOICO prize pack (which includes a year supply of K-PACK Reconstructor) for a grand prize valuing $420-$470 per winner!