This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of Ivory. The opinions and text are all mine.
In an attempt to try and simplify life, I’ve realized my kids are happiest during the simple moments – riding bikes outside, playing dress-up, painting, talking about life, eating family dinner, playing during bath time. Kids don’t need grand outings or adventures to make them happy. Life gets busy and it can be easy to lose site of the importance of these everyday moments. Consciously trying to find the joy in life’s simple moments, I’m sharing these fun bath time activities which always bring a smile to my children’s faces.
7 Fun Bath Time Activities
1.Bubble Beards: My kids could spend hours using sudsy water to create different varieties of beards. Their favorite thing is to put bubbles on their face and pretend they are Santa. Best of all, Ivory Free & Gentle Body Wash with Pear & Sandalwood creates perfect bubbles for the occasion. Not only does this gentle body wash contain the #1 Dermatologist-Recommended moisturizing ingredient, but its gentle formula keeps my children’s skin perfectly hydrated. I typically have to be very careful when it comes to bath time soaps because rashes occur more often than I’d like. However, because Ivory products are free of dyes, and made with pure and clean ingredients, Ivory is a brand my family can trust. My kids also enjoy Ivory Original 3-bar and Ivory Original Body Wash. Both are free of dyes and heavy perfumes which is perfect to prevent those rashes.
2. Dance Party: We keep a waterproof Bluetooth speaker by our tub just for bath time dance parties. We crank up the tunes and my kids have a blast splashing to the beat.
3. Toothbrushes: Both of my kids are obsessed with toothbrushes. They love bringing an extra set of toothbrushes (from the dollar store) into the tub and scrubbing down the sides of the tub and their bath toys with their toothbrushes. But let’s be honest, this usually leads to trying to scrub each other down with the brushes.
4. Blow Bubbles With Straws: This activity obviously won’t work for younger kids (because they may try and drink the bath water), but for kids that are a little older, bring a few straws into the bath and allow them to blow bubbles using the straws.
5. Eat a Fun Treat: Popsicles are a favorite at my house. I’m fine to let my kids have an occasional popsicle, but I’m not always fond of the mess they leave behind. That’s why I like saving popsicles for bath time. Eating them in the tub is a win for everyone! Plus, the sticks make a pretty good bath time toy as well.
6. Play with Kitchen Utensils: Some of my kid’s favorite bath toys are my kitchen utensils. And in the spirit of letting the small things go and enjoying everyday moments, I do let them bring my kitchen utensils in the tub. Some of their favorites include the strainer, different sized cups, spatulas, etc.
7. Use Old Soap Dispensers: I never throw away old soap dispensers because they make for great bath time toys. I fill them up with water and my kids go to town squirting each other and pretending to wash themselves. But when it comes time to actually wash them, Ivory Original 3-Bar, Ivory Original Body Wash, and Ivory Free & Gentle Body Wash with Pear & Sandalwood are a must.
For 138 years, Ivory has created 99.44% pure soap containing thoughtful ingredients that families can trust. Not only do these gentle soaps smell amazing, add the perfect bubbles to our bath time, but they nourish and cleanse the entire family. When the kids are done with their bath time, I move these products over to the shower so I can use them when I shower. Ever since switching to Ivory, I’ve noticed a big difference in my skin – it stays hydrated longer. Talk about a great brand trusted for many generations.