Updated on August 21st, 2015
Have you ever eaten a slice of apple pie and wished it had MORE pie crust? I’m a total sucker for the flaky, delicious crust. Don’t get me wrong, I like the sweet apple filling, too, but there is just something magical about the crust. This skillet apple pie roll recipe is so super easy to put together and gives you more crust per bite!
Skillet Apple Pie Roll Recipe
- 1 Pie Crust
- 6 apples, sliced
- ¼ cup sugar
- 3 tsp cinnamon
- Caramel for garnish
On a flat surface roll out pie crust. Cut Pie crust into 1” strips. Place cinnamon and sugar in a bowl and mix. Coat apples with the cinnamon and sugar mix.
On the smallest pie crust strip place two apple slices. Roll them into a circle and place in the center of your skillet. Take 3 apples and place on your next pie crust. Roll that around the first circle. Continue to place apples on the pie crust strips and roll around the previous row until the pan is full and your pie crust is gone.
Bake on 350 for 1 hour.
Garnish with caramel.
You can use your favorite homemade pie crust recipe or stick to a pre-purchased pie crust depending on how much time you have available (or effort you want to put in). This is a wonderful recipe for a gathering because it looks really unique and presents really nicely, but it’s simple to put together.
Plus, it’s a perfect recipe for fall for your Halloween parties or even Thanksgiving! The caramel topping gives it almost a dipped caramel apple feel, without all that mess!
Where will you serve this skillet apple pie recipe?
For more fun Fall projects and recipes, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Easy Paleo Apple Butter Recipe from Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- DIY Wooden Apples Craft from Mom Does it All
- Caramel Apple French Toast Strata from My So Called Balanced Life
- Fall Chopped Salad from 2boys+1girl=OneCrazyMom
- Caramel Apple Shortbread Parfaits from Simply Southern Mom
- Homemade Apple Cider from This Mama Loves
- Skillet Apple Crisp from Better in Bulk
- DIY Apple Earrings from Cait’s Beauty
- Crazy Easy Salted Caramel Apple Dip Recipe from Pretty Opinionated
- DIY Apple Stamps from Mom on the Side
- Chocolate Dipped Spiced Caramel Apples from How Was Your Day?
- Homemade Crepes with Apple Butter from Our Family World
- Apple Monkey Bread Muffins from Upstate Ramblings
- How to Host a Caramel Apple Bar from MommaDJane
- DIY Glittered Sneakers from Style on Main
- Apples and Avocados from The Guavalicious Life
- Apple Pie Ice Cream from Home and Garden Cafe
- Morning Glory Muffins from Day by Day in Our World