Who wouldn’t love a homemade roasted veggie salsa recipe! This has a kick of heat and a healthy variety of flavorful roasted veggies that add so much to the salsa mix.
I start by Liberally sprinkling these vegetables cut side up with 1 Tablespoon of Habenero Pepper salt. Then I turn them skin side up to roast at 400 degrees until they are slightly blackened at the edges. This is where you get that smoky flavor you are looking for.
Then I clean and chop all my fresh ingredients into uniformed sizes.
When my roasted vegetables are done, I drain off the juice and set it aside to cook my rice with which makes it full of flavor and heat, or I have also cooked my meat for taco’s with this juice. It is not a throw away item…. very yummy.
Once you have all your fresh ingredients together as stated in the recipe, you can eat just that. It is so good, with just a mild heat. Or you can go for a little more heat and add all the roasted vegetables except for the jalapenos and Habanero, or you can go for the burner and add it all.
Roasted Veggie Salsa Recipe
- 4 large Tomatoes
- 2 jalapeno peppers
- 1 habanero pepper
- 3 cloves garlic
- 1 yellow bell pepper
- olive oil
- 1 tbls Habanero pepper salt
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 glove garlic
- ½ large onion
- 1 bunch cilantro
- 2 limes
- 1 tsp Habanero pepper salt
- 1 tsp. ground cumin
- Start by roasting veggies. Take 4 large tomatoes (seeded), jalapeno, habanero, 3 of your garlic cloves, bell pepper (seeded). Drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle liberally with habanero pepper salt. Turn veggies skin side up and place in oven at 400* until they start to blacken at the edges.
- While roasting, chop 2 tomatoes, garlic, onion, and cilantro. Zest and juice 2 limes. Sprinkle with 1 tsp habanero pepper salt and 1 tsp ground cumin.
- Drain roasted veggies. You can reserve the juice to flavor rice or to cook a spicy meat!
- Chop the yellow bell pepper. Then chop or add the rest of the roasted veggies to a food processer. Combine with the fresh ingredients and serve!