I’ll never forget the first time (almost 5 years ago) I met my adorable chocolate lab pup, Gunner…let’s just say it was love at first sight. The way his long brown ears flopped and his lurpy legs ran made my heart swoon. I mean, how could you not fall in love with this puppy face?!?!
My love for Gunner has continued to grow over the years watching him interact with my two kids and remain a loyal companion. Because we love Gunner so much, we want to make sure that he always remains in good health. It’s no secret that preventative healthcare always helps us dodge major problems. That’s why it’s important to my family to help maintain Gunner’s health with these 5 easy tips.
This is a sponsored post. All opinions are my own.
Maintaining Your Dog’s Health in 5 Easy Steps
1. Daily Hygiene – I always like to think of Gunner as one of my kids. Would I go weeks without bathing or taking care of my kids’ teeth? Absolutely not! It’s important to make sure your dog’s hygiene needs are met on a regular basis – this includes grooming, bathing, caring for their teeth, and nails.
2. Daily Exercise – I find that Gunner is happiest when he is busy and active. Whether you play fetch, go on runs, hikes, or take your dog swimming, make sure they maintain an active lifestyle. These are my 6 favorite ways to keep my dog entertained.
Busted! One of these two boys is not allowed on the tramp and the other one has a rather mischievous smile on his face Although I absolutely adore the bond these two share, they sure know how to get into trouble together! Keeping Gunner out of trouble means keeping him entertained. Click on the linked post for some awesome ways to keep your dog entertained. @beneful #ad #FriendsofBeneful #DreamDogPark
3. Human Interaction – Maintaining your dog’s emotional health is just as important as maintaining their physical health. Make sure that you’re spending time each day petting, playing, and talking to your dog.
4. Preventative Care – Make sure your dog stays up-to-date on their vaccines, flea/tick medication, and wellness visits. Stopping problems before they arise is crucial in maintaining your dog’s health.
5. Well Balanced Diet – When you’re purchasing dog food, it’s important to be aware of the ingredients that your dog is consuming. When looking at ingredients, I always look for meat at the first ingredient. Because Friends of Beneful recognizes the importance of real meat as the first ingredient in your pet’s dog food, they’ve created a new recipe where meat are now the #1 ingredient in their beef and chicken dog food.
Introducing Gunner to this delicious new dog food, I wasn’t quite sure how he was going to react. He sniffed the food for a few seconds and then decided to try a taste. Wagging his tail with excitement he quickly finished his meal. Licking his lips with enjoyment, I don’t think I’ve ever seen him so fond of dog food before. Beneful for the win!
Want to get your hands on this delicious new recipe for FREE? Head on over to Beneful, fill out the form and enjoy your own sample of Beneful’s new dog food. After your furry friend has had a chance to try out this delicious new recipe, tell us what you think in a review on beneful.com.