I participated in a campaign on behalf of Mom Central Consulting for Stride Rite. I received products to facilitate my review and thank me for my participation.
Are your costumes planned, prepped, and ready for Halloween? With Halloween next week, it’s time to get ready and plan your finishing touches and get ready with Halloween safety tips. Stride Rite has adorable themed shoes that can add the extra flair you need to complete your kids costumes this year!
During all the fun of Halloween, the most important thing is keeping your family safe. Here are my top 5 safety tips to stay safe this Halloween.
5 Halloween Safety Tips
- Light it up! Be sure your children can be seen. Use reflective tape, a flashlight, light up shoes, or a glow necklace to make sure your family can be seen.
- Scan the Candy – Before you let the kids take their pick, check through the candy to weed out any open candy or suspicious looking treats. Also scan for treats that your kids might be allergic to.
- Travel in a Group – Don’t let your child travel alone or even just paired with one other buddy. Stick with your kids or if they are old enough to go with friends, make sure they stick with a small group of 3-5 kids.
- Go Somewhere Familiar – Stick to neighborhoods where you know people or are familiar with the residents. Or look for alternatives like church or community Halloween parties and offers from your local mall or favorite stores.
- Use the Sidewalks – Every year I see a lot of people using the roads to walk around the neighborhood and crossing without much look or thought to the cars around. Use the sidewalks to walk between homes and look carefully both ways before crossing the street.
My 5 year old insisted on being Captain America for Halloween this year. When we picked up his costume, he was beyond ecstatic! He’s has been wearing it around our home a couple times a week. When we took a look at what shoes he could wear for Halloween his sandals, church shoes, and regular tennis shoes just weren’t cutting it. When we saw Stride Rite’s absolutely adorable Captain America shoes, we couldn’t wait to try them! We received a pair of Stride Rite Captain America Lighted shoes and a pair of everyday Vroomz shoes for my boys to try out.
My boys have loved their new shoes! They both tell me all the time that their shoes are “Awesome!!” My favorite line was when my 3 year old tried on his new shoes “car” shoes and told me, “I’m going to wear these EVERY day!!” He’s still just excited to put them on and stomp around showing off their lights as he was the very first day he tried them on. Both of our pairs light up which makes them so fun for the kids. They are easy for them to put on so I love that I hear no fussing when it’s time to get out the door that they can’t get on their shoes.
Stride Rite can help you keep the kids safe this Halloween with their light up shoes that will help your kids be seen! Head in to your local Stride Rite or browse online to see their Halloween Styles including Spider-Man and other Marvel heroes, Star Wars, Disney Princess, Sesame Street, and Minnie Mouse shoes in time for Halloween!