Nothing is more annoying or unsatisfying than wasting elbow grease scrubbing a shower only to have buildup, hard water stains, and soap scum remain. Through the years, I’ve tried many chemicals, tools, and tricks to try and keep my shower sparkly clean. However, it wasn’t until recently that I discovered the simplicity of soap scum prevention and removal. Kiss soap scum goodbye by following three simple steps and using one simple tool – the Shower Shimmy.
I received samples and compensation in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.
How to Easily Prevent and Remove Soap Scum
Prevention: Soap scum prevention is quite simple and takes little time. The trick is just remembering these 3 simple steps at the end of each shower. By simply rinsing and drying, you’ll be amazed how clean your shower will stay!
1. At the end of each shower, use your shower head (or a spray bottle filled with water) and spray down the walls and floor of your shower.
2. After shower surfaces are wet, gently wipe down shower with a sponge or rag. To help me remember to do this, I usually just keep a sponge in my shower.
3. Use a towel or squeegee and dry off shower surfaces.
Removal: Soap Scum prevention is pretty pointless if your shower walls are already covered in buildup. Wondering how to easily remove that stubborn soap scum without having to use elbow grease? Introducing the Shower Shimmy!
This all-in-one cleaning tool is designed to rid your shower and tub of soap scum with little effort. Let me show you just how quickly the Shower Shimmy will make your shower shine!
1. Start by filling your Shower Shimmy with the Shower Shimmy Super Cleaning Solution. This all natural solution is the best shower cleaner I’ve ever used. I love that it’s so safe and gentle that I can use it to clean WHILE I’m showering. It’s fresh fragrance is refreshing without being overpowering. Because the solution is just as gentle as shampoo or conditioner, I can leave it in my shower without having to worry about my son getting a hold of it.
2. Pressing the blue button on the shower shimmy, dispense the Super Cleaning Solution. Using the Shower Shimmy’s sponge and bristles, start scrubbing away the grime and dirt. Using the Shower Shimmy, I am amazed at how quickly the soap scum vanishes! Not to mention, the dirt ring at the bottom of my tub (that I’ve been trying to get rid of forever) disappeared in seconds. The brush’s bristles work perfectly for cleaning all those “hard to reach” corners and surfaces. Next, let your Shower Shimmy work its magic on your shower head, faucet, and drain – say goodbye to those nasty hard water stains! Letting the Shower Shimmy do all the work, cleaning my shower and tub is truly hassle free!
3. Use the squeegee on the opposite side of the Shower Shimmy to wipe and dry your shower surfaces. Hang and store your Shower Shimmy in your shower for easy access.
Just look at that shower sparkle and shine!
Who knew soap scum prevention could be so simple and effective? Be sure to check out Shower Shimmy‘s Kickstarter Campaign (runs until February 17) where you can take advantage of great savings; for only $15, you can purchase the Shower Shimmy + Super Cleaning solution with FREE shipping.