Updated on May 24th, 2018
The Meals we choose when away from the house aren’t always our best option. We choose quick and easy, which usually means a drive-through and greasy. When you’re at work and you only have a 30 minute lunch break, it may be what you resort to. But there are other, better options. So save your money, your taste buds and your hips, because I have a fabulous lunch-on-the-go alternative.
Sponsored post written by me on behalf of Tyson Foods, Inc. and Pinnacle Foods Group LLC. All opinions are entirely my own.
Salads are great and great for you. I’m not talking about that wimpy little lettuce only salad that is wilted and sad looking by lunch. I’m talking about a flavor-packed, delicious and healthy, protein-filled super salad. One that is also simple and convenient to make, as well as portable.
Here is what you will need:
- Lettuce of any variety you choose
- Salad mix-ins like: Tomatoes, carrots, sunflower seeds, hard boiled eggs, cabbage, mushrooms, apples, cucumbers, raisins, berries, or whatever you like.
- Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken
- Wish-Bone Italian Dressing
- A Mason jar
The great thing about salad in a jar, is they can all be made at the beginning of the week and waiting for you in the fridge. No more hurried mornings trying to finish packing yourself and your kids something to eat that afternoon. Make them all in one day and grab and go the rest of the week.
Here’s how to make them:
- Chop all lettuce, vegetables or fruits that need chopping.
- Place dressing at the bottom of the jar
- Add in thicker vegetables like carrots and such that won’t wilt in the dressing.
- Place the rest of the vegetables, fruits and Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken in the bottom
- Finally, fill with your lettuce
- You may like to put small dry additives like seeds or raisins on the top
- Place the lid on the jar and keep it in the fridge until ready to eat.
When you are ready to eat your flavor-filled, packed with protein and goodness salad, you can shake it and eat it out of the jar or pour it into a bowl. However you choose to eat it, you taste buds will be sure to thank you. Add variety to your daily salad by mixing up the things you put in it.
Tyson Grilled & Ready Chicken and Wish-Bone Italian Dressing have made the concept of ‘eating smart on the go’, easy. With their ready-to-eat chicken strips, and dressings packed full of herbs, you don’t need to spend hours messing with a great lunch. Head over to your neighborhood Wal-Mart and find everything you need to make a super-food, salad in a jar, to-go.