Want to make a last minute easy pizza but don’t have any ready-made sauce on hand? This Easy Pizza Sauce Recipe is the perfect solution to your dilemma and with its minimal ingredients and prep time you’ll quickly decide buying pizza sauce already made is no longer a need.
You can fine tune the flavors to suit your preference as we prefer a sauce with a bit more garlic than some, but the basics are easy to prepare and truly delicious.
Easy Pizza Sauce Recipe
- 1 12oz Can Tomato Sauce
- 1 12oz Can Diced Petite Tomatoes
- 2 Teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 Teaspoon Oregano
- 1 Teaspoon Basil
- ½ Teaspoon Marjoram
Making pizza sauce is really easy. Start with a small saucepan and throw all of your ingredients into your pot. Simmer over medium heat for 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally as needed.
Remove from heat, use as desired and store remaining sauce in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
- 12oz Can Tomato Sauce
- 12oz Can Diced Petite Tomatoes
- 2 teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Onion Powder
- 1 teaspoon Oregano
- 1 teaspoon Basil
- ½ teaspoon Marjoram
- In a small saucepan combine all ingredients and simmer over medium heat for 15-20 minutes stirring occasionally as needed.
- Remove from heat, use as desired and store remaining sauce in airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 2 weeks.
It’s that simple. Open a couple of cans, toss in some seasonings and simmer while stirring occasionally and you have a great easy pizza sauce recipe ready to go! Spread over French bread and top with a bit of shredded mozzarella for a quick homemade pizza.
Use as a marinara dipping sauce for breadsticks and cheese sticks as appetizer or any other place a simple tomato sauce is needed. You can even use it in our pizza popper freezer snacks recipe!