Spring is nearly here, time to start planning our garden beds. These easy DIY Garden Markers are the perfect project to start with. They are cheap to make, look cute, and take just minutes to pull them together. The hardest part will be planning out where to put them in your garden beds!
Easy DIY Garden Markers
Start by planning out how many DIY garden markers to make based on what crops you’ll be planting this year. Dip your tongue depressors into a small quart sized can of paint, leaving the end of the stick paint free where you’ll put it into your garden bed so that you can easily hold the marker.
Slowly pull the garden marker out of the paint and softly scrape the stick against the edge of the can of paint. If you press down too hard, it will pull off too much of the paint. You still want a layer of paint on the stick, just not it overly wet. Flip the stick and scrape the other side as well. If you pull off too much paint, you can always re-dip and try again.
Punch the dry end of the garden markers into a foam plate so that they stand upright. This will let them dry without sticking to anything. While you wait for your garden markers to dry, start preparing your plant words to cut out on vinyl. You can use any font you’d like. I wanted a thick, chunky font that would be easy to read, but a script font would look really pretty, if you’re going for looks over function.
Measure your tongue depressors and size your font appropriately to fit both in letter height and word width onto your painted markers. Once you have them sized just right, set the Cricut to cut your vinyl and then weed out the excess vinyl and transfer your letters with contact paper.
What are you planting this year?
Find 17 more fun Easter/Spring ideas, visit a few of my favorite bloggers:
- Easy Easter Craft: Washcloth Bunny by Confessions of an Overworked Mom
- Bunny Cupcakes by This Mama Loves
- Simple Spring Wreath by Simply Southern Mom
- Carrot (Cake) Cupcakes by Mom Does It All
- Ultimate Easter Egg Dye Guide by The Guavalicious Life
- DIY Homemade Bird Feeder by My So Called Balanced Life
- Edible Easter Placemats by Two Boys One Girl and a Crazy Mom
- DIY Colorful Spring Wreath by Home and Garden Cafe
- Monogrammed Earrings by How Was Your Day
- Nest Necklace by Style on Maine
- Fun and Healthy Easter Recipe for Kids: Crepe Cookies by Our Family World
- Make an Easy Painted Eggs Easter Craft with Dollar Store Supplies by My Kids Guide
- Spring Tea Party with Lemon and Ginger Scones by Day by Day in Our World
- Spring Button Canvas by Better in Bulk
- Carrot Cake Cookie Cups by About a Mom
- Spring Tulle Wreath by Upstate Ramblings
- Easy DIY Spring Tote Bag for Girls by Philzendia