Confession time: we eat A LOT of pizza at my house. To be completely honest, at least once a week, I send my husband on a pizza run. Call it a pregnancy craving if you must, but I hear no complaints when I announce that we will be having pizza AGAIN for dinner. Pizza is something that we genuinely enjoy eating together as a family. This week, I decided to mix it up a little and make some homemade pizza; after all, there’s nothing like fresh ingredients. Because my family typically gravitates towards the traditional pepperoni pizza, I decided to take a different approach: BBQ Chicken Pizza. This easy (and DELICIOUS) BBQ Chicken Recipe is sure to win over every member of the family!
I received samples and compensation in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.
Easy (and delicious) BBQ Chicken Pizza
Crust: (my new favorite pizza crust recipe comes compliments of Fleischmann’s Yeast)
– 2 cups flour
– 1 packet Fleishmann’s Pizza Yeast
– 1 1/2 tsp sugar
– 3/4 tsp salt
– 2/3 c warm water
– 3 T vegetable oil
– 1/2 bottle BBQ sauce
– 2 cups mozzarella cheese
– 2-3 chicken breasts
– 1 red onion (I only use about 1/8 of the onion)
– 1 bunch cilantro (I use about 1/4 of the bunch)
1. Combine and mix 1 cup flour, Fleishmann’s Pizza Yeast, sugar and salt. Add water and oil. Mix together until all ingredients are well blended.
2. Gradually add an additional 1/2 cup of flour until dough starts to form a ball.
3. Put dough on floured surface and knead dough until smooth.
4. Roll dough into a circle with a rolling pin and place on a round greased pizza pan (a 12-14 inch pan works best).
5. Generously spread BBQ sauce over pizza. Top with mozzarella cheese.
6. Dice cilantro (to taste), red onion, and boiled (or grilled) chicken breasts. Spread toppings evenly on pizza. If desired, drizzle additional BBQ sauce on pizza.
7. Now comes the hardest part – waiting for the pizza to bake with the incredible aroma of BBQ Chicken Pizza filling the air. Bake pizza in the oven for 12-15 minutes (be sure to check after 10 minutes) at 425. Serves 4 people.
Fleishmann’s Yeast truly makes this delicious BBQ Chicken Recipe an easy and healthier alternative to carry-out pizza. Loaded with fresh ingredients and baked in less than 30 minutes, our weekly family pizza night has never tasted so good! Be sure to visit Fleishmann’s Yeast to take advantage of many delicious and healthy pizza recipes!