You have to have a ton of stuff when you have a baby. Sometimes the choices feel overwhelming! I’ve had 5 children, and up until the last baby, I never even realized that I could forgo the infant car seat and go straight to a convertible car seat.
Convertible car seats can be used rear facing, starting for infants as little as 5 pounds. You can use the car seat from birth until they meet the weight limit, often over 60 pounds. Since you can use the convertible car seat for many years, it’s often a better investment to get right away, and forgo the infant carrier all together.
I received a Advance 70 Air Plus Convertible Car Seat in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.
A great example of a an amazing convertible car seat is The Advance 70 Air Plus Convertible Car Seat. The features on this car seat are astounding!
- Super-extended weight range
- Rear-facing 5-40 pounds and 19-40 inches
- Forward-facing 22-70 pounds and 34-52 inches
- Featuring Air Protect +
- Air Protect® advanced cushion system protects your child’s head, where it’s needed most
- GCell HX™ patented foam with hexagonal shapes inside the seat provides superior body protection
- TOGETHER they provide full body side impact protection
- Easy to identify color-coded belt paths and installation labels
- Steel reinforced metal frame
- 10-position headrest grows with your child
- No re-thread harness
- 4-position recline for optimal fit to your car
- LATCH equipped
- Integrated cup holder
- Meets or exceeds Federal and ASTM Safety Guidelines
I was really impressed with how sturdy Advance 70 Air Plus Convertible Car Seat is. Most of the convertible car seats I’ve ever had felt flimsy, the Advance 70 has a metal frame. I flipped it around and showed my mother in law the metal frame. She couldn’t believe that it was made that way. She reminded me of when we used to not even use car seats for kids “much safer now,” she said.
Sophie and Harley told me they like how high the seat is, and that they could see outside better. Of course, their fav…the cup holder. I put the car seat in myself, so that’s a testament to how easy it is to install, I usually have to have my husband help. When I put the kids in the seat, it almost feels like they have been cocooned in the seat. I can’t wait to use it for my next baby!
An Advance 70 Air Plus Convertible Car Seat would make a wonderful baby shower gift. You can order one from Safety 1st or pick one up from a retail location such as Target.