I absolutely love the Holiday season. However, with gifts to buy, parties to throw, goodies to bake, and festivities to attend, very little time is devoted to cleaning my home. You want to know my secret for keeping a clean home during Christmas time? I call it my 30 minute cleaning method. Set your timer for 30 minutes, start at the top of this cleaning list, and your home will be company ready in a half hour.
I received samples and compensation in exchange for this post. All opinions are my own.
Cleaning Your Home for the Holidays in 30 Minutes or Less
1. Open the blinds. Let as much light as possible into your home.
2. Quickly de-clutter. Do a quick pick-up of noticeable clutter; put toys in the toy box, hang coats in the closet, throw trash away, etc.
3. Load the dishwasher. Empty your sink of all dirty dishes. This helps your kitchen look a lot tidier.
4. Clean all counter surfaces. Take a rag and a bottle of all surface cleaner and quickly spray down all counter surfaces in your home – kitchen, bathroom, etc. I love using Seventh Generation’s non-toxic Surface Cleaners. I seriously use my Seventh Generation All-Purpose Natural Cleaner on everything in my home – appliances, counter tops, windows, bathrooms, etc. I love the fact that there are no harsh chemicals or fumes and leaves a streak-free shine every time. Because it cuts through grease so well, I get to spend less time scrubbing.
5. Wipe down mirrors. Windex all glass and mirrors to make sure there are no visible finger prints or smudges.
6. Dust. Use a feather duster and quickly dust baseboards, pictures, piano keys, etc.
7. Sweep any noticeable crumbs. Check your entry way and kitchen for crumbs. Quickly sweep up any noticeable crumbs, dirt, etc. If a little ninja helper offers to help you seep, take him up on it 🙂
8. Vacuum. Vacuum your main living areas.
9. Fluff Pillows/Straighten throws. Fluff your pillows, fold your throws, and create a warm and inviting ambiance.
Cleaning your home for the Holidays in 30 minutes or less has never been easier thanks to Seventh Generation. Be sure to visit Seventh Generation and browse their variety of safe, effective, and all-natural household products. A few of my favorite products that will be helping my home become company ready this Holiday season include Seventh Generation’s Free & Clear Laundry Detergent, Natural Dish Liquid, and Natural Hand Wash.