Being a mom on a budget, I don’t have the funds to go and get my hair professionally done as often as I’d like. However, that doesn’t mean that I have to sacrifice the look of professionally styled salon hair. Using these simple tips and tricks, you too can blow-dry and style your hair like a pro in the comfort of your own home.
I received a Karmin Hair Dryer in exchange for this post. Regardless, all opinions are my own.
How to Blow-Dry Your Hair Like a Professional
1. Start with freshly washed and conditioned hair. Before blow drying, it’s important to make sure that your hair is damp – not too wet. You don’t want to expose your hair to any unnecessary heat.
2. Add a small amount of styling product to your hair – curl relaxer, volumizer, root booster, heat protectant, etc.
3. Divide your hair into 3 sections – top, middle, and lower. Gather these different sections of hair on top of your head and secure with a clip.
4. Depending on desired style, choose a brush to cater to your needs. If you’re looking to add volume to your hair, use a round brush. To straighten hair, try using a flat brush.
5. Starting with the bottom layer of your hair, unclip and dry hair using brush. Blow dry starting from root to shaft.
6. Repeat direction number 5 with the following 2 layers of hair.
7. After hair is dry, set the style with a blast of cold air.
8. Add argon oil to hair for added shine. However, be careful not to add too much – you don’t want greasy hair. Apply a small amount to the ends of your hair.
The final step in blow-drying your hair like a pro is making sure you have the right blow dryer. I have to tell you, my hair has never looked better since using the Karmin Salon Series Ultralight Professional Ionic Hair Dryer. This Ionic Hair Dryer provides incredible power, dries your hair quickly, and protects your hair from damage and dry-out. With a simple flip of a switch, you have the ability to dry your hair with the choice of negative or positive ions creating sleek, smooth, and soft hair.
I never knew what I was missing out on before introducing the Karmin Salon Series Hair Dryer into my beauty routine. This dryer dries my hair faster than any other dryer I’ve used, reduces frizz and flyaways, as well as helps straighten my hair faster. I also love that it’s extremely light and doesn’t make my arm uncomfortable while blow-drying.
Help your hair look saloon styled by blow-drying your hair with the Karmin Salon Series Hair Dryer ($279).